Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center console is missing the clip on the top right. You can it missing here in the pic. I think this is pretty important for holding up the AC blower unit so it needs to be pretty strong. Recommendations for finding a replacement clip and how to attach it? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
doubt you will find that bit!
stevespiderguy had a similar problem.....he fabricated something and bolted it on having pulled some of the foam covering off the front and reglued it again after the repair.....quite a neat repair
originally that bracket was tack welded on there.

post #4 and #9 here
Center console refresh or, "How to own a lazy...

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
My center console is missing the clip on the top right. You can it missing here in the pic. I think this is pretty important for holding up the AC blower unit so it needs to be pretty strong. Recommendations for finding a replacement clip and how to attach it? Thanks!
View attachment 1665680
Wish I could tell something from that photo but i cannot. Not even sure what I am looking at.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided to get creative and make my own. I purchased a pice of sheet metal from Lowe’s, it was $7.00. I cut the piece out and used 2 pair of pliers to bend it the right angle. Then used 2 part epoxy to stick it on. So far looks ok, will have to see how it lines up when I jam it all back into the dash.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Well I decided to get creative and make my own. I purchased a pice of sheet metal from Lowe’s, it was $7.00. I cut the piece out and used 2 pair of pliers to bend it the right angle. Then used 2 part epoxy to stick it on. So far looks ok, will have to see how it lines up when I jam it all back into the dash.
View attachment 1665893

View attachment 1665896
Now i see what you are talking about. Sometimes you have to be creative.

Reactions: vbisbest
1 - 5 of 5 Posts