Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the original center caps that came with the wheels on my '73 Euro Junior Spider.

When I purchased the car in Italy in the 80's, the car already had these wheels. The center caps are metal with a metal cap on the inside. The outer cap with the emblem has a bolt attached to it and it screws into the inside cap which has the nut soldered to it.

I have not been able to determine is these wheels were an Alfa option at the time, or if they are after-market. The wheels themselves do not have any markings, however, the caps have IRA in raised lettering.

Below are pictures of the wheels and caps. If anyone has seen these before, I would like to know their origin, and as well, I would like to replace them.

PS. Disregard the hole in the center. As the bolt broke off, the previous owner drilled a hole and used a bolt and nut to secure the front and back together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruno

Attachments

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
have to be aftermarket.
there must be some marking on the wheel, maybe a stamping at the back?

a german forum member, years ago, had a couple of IRA wheels that were stamped IRA.

otherwise basically nothing out there on I.R.A. wheels!

came across this type on an italian site (size 6-14 with 4x108), but no info as to who made them, what the initials stand for etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I guess I will restore the ones I have.

Bruno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts