Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'91 164L 3.0 V6 12V 5-speed, ‘92 164 2.0TS 5-speed
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What’s the deal with center armrest? Took mine off as it’s swinging uncontrollably. Should the outer sleeve (in the armrest) be spot welded inside as it seems like it? Tried to take it off but would budge.

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
I removed that darn arm rest from our 94LS, as it got in the way of my shifting, etc. Was just always in the way of something.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you take the armrest out in this model, it leaves a metal bar of the same length coming from the seat. The bar goes into the armrest. In the first pic is visible the metal thing/tooth that restricts the armrest from pivoting too much.
The outer tube in the armrest has been (or this is what I think) welded to a bigger frame inside the foam. These welds had broken off and the armrest swung freely.
Jaw Wood Fish Creative arts Headgear
Finger Reptile Thumb Soil Safety glove

Reactions: jeffb99tx

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
I just took the bar out of the driver's seat when I removed the 94LS armrest. Easy, IIRC. Might be wrong, though, was years ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add to this thread though it's old already, I believe there has been some changes during the production with these. IIRC, I found some instructions about these but they didn't apply to this model year. Well, live and learn…

·
1990 164QV Euro spec & 1991 168B
28,353 Posts
Just to add to this thread though it's old already, I believe there has been some changes during the production with these. IIRC, I found some instructions about these but they didn't apply to this model year. Well, live and learn…
If you just want to tighten up arm rest item 11 spring/item12 bolt on pipe or remove the item 12 bolt you can cut a small X in leather in arm rest area to gain access to item 12 bolt.

If you want to remove arm rest mounting pipe item 10, you can access the arm rest pipe post sticking out of the driver's seat by removing two phillips screws with stubby screwdriver in bottom back of seat holding the center section with map pouch (one at each corner). Then slide that pouch panel downward and out of seat back by pulling gently in center of pouch panel to disengage it from seat. Once out you can access item 7 pin that holds item 10 pipe to item 9 bracket.
If you just want to tighten up arm rest item 11 spring/item12 bolt on pipe or remove the item 12 bolt you can cut a small X in leather in arm rest area to gain access to item 12 bolt.
Motor vehicle Rectangle Mode of transport Line Font

View attachment 1714873 View attachment 1714873

1 - 7 of 7 Posts