Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Cavis type fuel line

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  kuni123456 
#1 ·
While I have a question on eBay regarding availability of 15' of 7mm blue/green cavis type fuel line, does anyone have a good source for it?

#6 ·
Joe, I don't understand your last email, but suspect it is an answer to a direct email. I wish I had a good source for new 87mm Romablocks.

The size needed for the various Alfa fittings is 8mm. The real Cavis nearest fit is/was 7mm, so you use a heat gun and they fit fine. I've assumed those who have the (apparently only in green, not blue/green) reproduction hose are also 7mm. Obviously 8mm would be nice.

However...I've run into a number of items that use short pieces of blue/green fuel line. I don't know what size it is, but does appear to be a larger size. Thus my email to a seller on eBay to see if I can get it in 7mm meters.

If not I'll order from Newco.

#9 ·
Before I came on this thread some weeks ago I was planning to use an ordinary black fuel hose for my Sprint Veloce. After my visit I tried to find an acceptable green hose closer to my location and I found this. Today I received the hose and I am very satisfied with it, it looks very original.
Frans

Aqua Turquoise Green Bangle Fashion accessory

#14 ·
Buy enough so you can change every section every couple of years, if looks are that important. Plenty of 'our' cars have gone up in smoke over the years because those cheap hoses have split. Personally, I would not take that risk. Use so-called ordinary black fuel hose, or braided hose, for regular use and keep a length of the Cavis style for the kind of car show that requires several days of cleaning, scrubbing and polishing prior to the event, or the day that the assessor from Bonhams pays you a visit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.