Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't seen this anywhere yet. Might be a good idea to catalog all the different giubo sizes and part numbers. Who knows what the future holds, but maybe other cars' donuts can fit someday. There is a Mercedes part that seems to work on one of them. If that part number is known, please post and what location that one replaces.

I have one unused Alfetta Center to start with.

Part number on the tag says: AR2268 on one side and FD185 Type C on the other.

Bolt hole diameter is 10mm
Bolt hole spacing is 96mm across
Thickness is 40mm at the steel bolt sleeve

I'm sure the part numbers can be collected from the various parts outlets, but the measurements are what would be needed if we ever have to cross use or have some fabricated.

Please post what you have.

20210609_163304.jpg 20210609_163247.jpg

·
Registered
1977 Alfetta GTV
11 Posts
Where do you find the part numbers on the actual Alfa couplings?
Is there a typical number format?

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Haven't seen this anywhere yet. Might be a good idea to catalog all the different giubo sizes and part numbers. Who knows what the future holds, but maybe other cars' donuts can fit someday. There is a Mercedes part that seems to work on one of them. If that part number is known, please post and what location that one replaces.

I have one unused Alfetta Center to start with.

Part number on the tag says: AR2268 on one side and FD185 Type C on the other.

Bolt hole diameter is 10mm
Bolt hole spacing is 95mm across
Thickness is 40mm at the steel bolt sleeve

I'm sure the part numbers can be collected from the various parts outlets, but the measurements are what would be needed if we ever have to cross use or have some fabricated.

Please post what you have.
That one you have is used. You can tell by the rubber around the bolt holes and new ones will have the metal band around it.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Where do you find the part numbers on the actual Alfa couplings?
Is there a typical number format?
They are in the alfetta parts catalog.

They will begin with 116.

Reactions: Honky Lips

·
Registered
1977 Alfetta GTV
11 Posts
They are in the alfetta parts catalog.

They will begin with 116.
I was going to get under the car and get the part numbers off the couplings that are on the car - thought that would be a safe way so I can order new ones the same

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
the one above is an original pirelli
(the little shield with a P and a star is one of their logos)

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,572 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I changed all three on my Alfetta, all the bolt holes seemed to be the same 95mm spacing, so I would not be surprised if all Alfa ones have the same pattern, but we'll see as measurements come in. The thickness might be what matters most if we ever need to find alternatives.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The BOBCOR catalog that I have lists:
\
Front flex joint:

Center flex joint:

Rear flex joint:

It was all very confusing back then. Some of the early cars were "recalled" and different prop shaft yokes were fitted that required different flex joints than the ones originally fitted. One thing that I learned through the years is the importance of ensuring that ALL of the centering devices are in proper working order before you condemn the balance of the shafts. Second, it is ok to balance each shaft separately.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That one you have is used. You can tell by the rubber around the bolt holes and new ones will have the metal band around it.
Very likely the one I removed when I replaced all 3 whilst doing a clutch and transmission rebuild. The front and rears seemed very cracked and this one looked great, so hard to throw it away. I must have moved the tag from the new one to this one and stored it away. They were identical so I had the proper parts when I replaced. I think the tag is indicative of the part.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I know there are some differences in the rear joint on the Sport Sedans. They pilot differently at the clutch housing.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I corrected my original post to 96mm hole spacing. I've been looking all over the net for different sizes and the closest standard I find to 95mm is 96mm, so my eyeballs and ruler must be off a tad.

All of the other makes out there seem to only have them with a big empty hole in the middle, much like our center unit. Our fronts and rears have unique centers that do not exist in the rest of the market. They must help in centering the disc. Maybe a slip-in-piece can be designed out of hard plastic or something if a suitable sized unit can be chosen.

If anyone changed their fronts and rears, please keep the old ones so we can examine the center. Or if a new one is purchased, do the measurements as above and take some real good closeup pics of that center area with additional measurements. Maybe CAD or Solidworks can come to the rescue with some sort of centering insert.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts