Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm new to this forum and I'm not yet familiar on how to find relevant threads on manufacturers that build pre-manufactured cat-back exhaust systems for my 88 Spider Veloce or are these types of systems generally custom made? If the later, does anyone have contact information for a manufacturer/installer in the SoCal region, preferably in Los Angeles County; or in nearby Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties?

Thank you in advance!

Mario

·
Registered
28 Posts
All,

I'm new to this forum and I'm not yet familiar on how to find relevant threads on manufacturers that build pre-manufactured cat-back exhaust systems for my 88 Spider Veloce or are these types of systems generally custom made? If the later, does anyone have contact information for a manufacturer/installer in the SoCal region, preferably in Los Angeles County; or in nearby Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties?

Thank you in advance!

Mario
I would check with Joe at Centerline

·
Registered
355 Posts
There's really only two parts of the exhaust system from the "Cat-Back", a center muffler and an over the axil rear muffler. These two pieces just bolt together..and are usually sold a "pieces" vs a system. About everyone (Centerline, Vickauto, Mr Fiat) carries the pieces. A variation is a "stinger" which is a straight-pipe that replaces the rear section which gives a bit more volume which some find pleasant (at ~$80 it's a cheap thrill)!! Welcome and enjoy!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
DANG!!! Even Rock Auto carries the center section!!
Just Google "ANSA ar 1255"
Thanks for the part #s....it makes it easy!!

HOWEVER,,,,I was volunteering at Barret Jackson last week and this cute Spitfire came rumbling up so I got on hands and knees and took a picture of the rear muffler....Double Dang..it was a Magnaflow!!! It was loud, but it was Sporty!! LOL My conclusion...one can custom anything one wants.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Just check and make sure they fit your 1988 S3 Spider. I have a '91 S4, and there may be minor differences in the tube bends or positions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts