Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
I guess I'm different because I never let any of my cars go, drove them all to the end of their lives. I still have the '72 Spider, going on it's 40th year in my hands and it's still in great condition since it's complete restoration 16 years ago. The two 164's are both at about 200k now and my plan is to drive them both until they drop. Same for the Disco and the F350. I suppose I'll have to sell the Ferrari if my left knee ever goes out because it has one hell of a healthy clutch throw.

As for cars missed well, let's keep it relative. While it may seem a pittance today ten thousand dollars was a heck of a chunk of change in the 1970's so it wasn't so much as me "missing" that Dino or XKE as them just being completely out of my league financially. I mean I always wanted a Dino but it was - Dino or house? You only get one. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I know I am gonna moan the sale of my 91 164S aka BB2 but it is sold to gent in CT and scheduled to be delivered to him In JAX, FL on March 5th. I stated sometime ago I would well it for real money and that is what I got. BUT I still have BB1 my 91L with A/T and S engine in VA. I hope to drive it down here to our FL digs this summer. I promised my bride I would downsize my 164 stable when we moved here and keeping that promise and having only a 2-car garage now it makes sense to just have one to play with now that I am 79 1/2.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts