Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Here I started this thread with my random musings and now I didn't realize all these new comments were posted. ;-)

Next Sunday is a Cars for Tots show.. Interested in going?
That might work for be me assuming holiday stuff doesn't intrude. But I want to stress: I'm not giving them my car, even for charity! (Isn't that what Cars for Tots is--donating cars?)

I'm closer in toward DC. And, DCAlfa, I'd like to see my former '78 Spider sometime , I can't work a big coordinated meeting effort, but if a few Alfa owners want to meet in Silver Spring some Saturday or Sunday mornings I'd be game.
And I would LOVE to see your Super. I've basically already decided that somehow I'm going to get a Super or a GTV, so I'd love to ogle one in person! And c'mon--a little rain won't hurt it!

That Burtonsville thing sounds interesting too. If I decide to check that out sometime I may ping the board to rouse some other Alfas...

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Burtonsville meet-ups have some very interesting/cool cars according to the guys I know that have gone there.

Where is the tots car event?

My garage door has a moisture sensor--can't open if the sensor is initiated :)
I do like the sedan in winter--so far the heater has held up well.

dcalfa, you may want to put a "looking for" entry in the Sedan and GTV board if you start looking seriously. There was a local (Bethesda) GTV for sale a while back that seemed very nice at least in pictures. Also, Julio at Milano is a good source for knowing customers who may be thinking of selling.

Let me know about next Sunday.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So where was this Cars for Tots thing scheduled to be?

I'm thinking the impending blizzard makes it a not-very-good weekend however...:(

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
A friend of mine posted some info about a C&C up in Wilmington. I would be interested in going if other people around the DC area are.

This was the post from an Audi board:

Hey guys and gals:

I am very excited to be hosting C&C next weekend. Weather is a little iffy right now but we'll try to make the best of it. To make it as intersting as we can we wil be offering some treats for everone that attends:

*Free Nitrogen Fills for Tires*
*Wheel Alignments for $89.95 for most cars*
*20% off all Mercedes Parts*
*Discounted Labor Rate of $85/hr*
*Discount Carshow tickets*
*Raffle for family 4 pack of Carshow tickets*

*We also have techs on hand and lifts available to put cars in the air*

We will of course have refreshments for all

hope to see you all there!!!

Merecedes Benz of Wilmington
3801 Lancaster Ave
Wilmington,DE 19805
Mercedes-Benz of Wilmington | Cherry Hill Mercedes, West Chester Mercedes, New Jersey Mercedes Dealer - Used Cars

·
Registered
340 Posts
So did anything ever come of this? I just moved to DC and have yet to see another alfa in the city (closest thing would be the fiat cinqueciento always by union station on 2nd) since my arrival and I also have some free time before work starts. Saturday mornings I'm a little hesitant about though... I do enjoy my sleeping days :cool:

·
Registered
816 Posts
absolutely happening every Sat a.m. 7:00 - 9:00 center of Great Falls,

Great Falls is 6 miles from I-495 –DC beltway, Exit 44, Rte 193 west. The event is in the nicely-set parking lot at Katie’s Coffee in the village center just off Georgetown Pike (Rte 193), Katie's is located behind BB&T Bank (which is directly on Rte 193) and next to The Old Brogue Restaurant.

we've had GTV,s Giuliettas, 70's-80's spiders, 2600 spider

a different mix every Sat

if you see my red GTV or gray 2600 say hi... not sure if i'll be there this Sat...

David

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
absolutely happening every Sat a.m. 7:00 - 9:00 center of Great Falls,

Great Falls is 6 miles from I-495 –DC beltway, Exit 44, Rte 193 west. The event is in the nicely-set parking lot at Katie’s Coffee in the village center just off Georgetown Pike (Rte 193), Katie's is located behind BB&T Bank (which is directly on Rte 193) and next to The Old Brogue Restaurant.

we've had GTV,s Giuliettas, 70's-80's spiders, 2600 spider

a different mix every Sat

if you see my red GTV or gray 2600 say hi... not sure if i'll be there this Sat...

David
Do you meet every Saturday during the summer?

·
Registered
816 Posts
every sat til Late Oct I believe...last 2 saturdays had a huge turnout... parking lot was overflowing...a veritable car show without entry forms or admission fees.There had to have been close to 80 cars

I think we had 6 Alfas or so, a few vintage ferraris as well as the new ones; previous Sat there was a pristine Iso Grifo.... in the past there's been pre war Bentley, Aston Martin v8s. Typically lots of Porsches, cobra replicas, lotus, Vettes etc....60's American
etc.

the mix is different every Sat

David

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is fantastic. I attended the original C&C in CA once in a while when visiting friends when it was still on the PCH, and I always thought someone should do it in DC. Haven't heard anything about it until perusing this forum. With my 19K mile spider on the way from CO, I'll have to come check it out. What groups/makes tend to show up?

-Reed
'78 Spider Verde Inglese
ex- '77 Spider
and a whole slew of Mercedes...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great time at C&C on 10-9-10!

It was great to met a few Alfa folks at the Great Falls Cars and Coffee yesterday - I was particularly happy to arrive just after Brian so we could park the lone Spiders in attendance together!!

Now I'm hoping for a good Indian summer and/or a very mild fall!!

Lots of other interesting machinery out there, including one of my favorites - a quad headlight Ferrari 330!

Thanks guys - see you next time!

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
C& C hasn't started yet....BUT the Alfa club is doing the first drive and car get-together of the year on Sunday March 6..... assemble in Potomac 11:00 and back roads drive to Buckeystown for a great lunch and "car corral"....w/ return drive

more info: shoot me an email: Drive

David

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I don;t know when the official restart is, but I am always up for meeting there for coffee on a saturday morning... Depending on the weather, ill be there this saturday just to see if anyone else shows..

Ed

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am having some work done on the car this week. If I get it back by Saturday and the weather is nice, I'll probably come by. Al

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.