Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start looking at the interior part of my 74 GTV (US) build. Would appreciate some recommendations on:

1. Carpet - anyone have good experience with pre-made carpet sets? Classic Alfa? Alfa Service? World Upholstery? Alfaholics? OKP? Other?

2. Door cards - I was thinking of just getting new ones from Classic Alfa (where I am getting seat upholstery as well). Any reason NOT to do that? I have seen a few threads stating the new door cards don't always fit well.

3. Dash - Seems both OKP (Germany) and Classic Alfa make them. Anyone have experience with either? Good quality/fit/originality?

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Time to start looking at the interior part of my 74 GTV (US) build. Would appreciate some recommendations on:

1. Carpet - anyone have good experience with pre-made carpet sets? Classic Alfa? Alfa Service? World Upholstery? Alfaholics? OKP? Other?

2. Door cards - I was thinking of just getting new ones from Classic Alfa (where I am getting seat upholstery as well). Any reason NOT to do that? I have seen a few threads stating the new door cards don't always fit well.

3. Dash - Seems both OKP (Germany) and Classic Alfa make them. Anyone have experience with either? Good quality/fit/originality?

Thanks!
For the carpets Elvezio Elvezio - Alfa Romeo GT 2000 - GT 1300 Junior

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had very good experience with Elvezio. They are a source for some products, later re-sold. The CA door cards fitted to my GTV by the PO had to be trimmed at the base and re-fitted at the top. Their other products I have found to be excellent.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - I have a Super with Elvezio carpet in it. It's really nice.

So it seems if the door cards need to be trimmed, it might just be best to use my old door cards with some matching material and just recover what I've got. Any reason not to do that?

·
Registered
211 Posts
If they are solid and you can get the right, or very similar, vinyl/pattern. I had problems with door closure. Now perfect IMO. A combination of door card bases, alignment of the latch, and old, stiff door seals. You might not have any problems with the CA door cards.

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
I've had good success with the two sets of door cards I got from Classic. They were made in Italy and fit well. The one thing that puzzled me was the black mist paint that's on the door cards as well as the upholstery which was the tan color. I guess to darken the shade maybe? Don't let any solvent on any of it.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone comment on carpet and dash from Classic Alfa? Or repro dash from anywhere for that matter?

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
I was a little disappointed with the carpet from Classic. The edging around the piece on the drivers side came off soon after it was used. First where my left heel wore it off and there is no wear insert on the drivers side piece. The pile is completely different from the original too. I would have liked to have it in one piece like the original but that's probably asking to much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts