Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV Serie 1 US specs 1969
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I am in the process of changing the carpet on my 69GTV 1750 105.51 US spc.
When I removed the center console there was no carpet behind the gear shift/under the fan? On classic Alfa they sell a set that shows on piece that would go there as well as one on the center tunnel which would mean under the cover?
I am a little confuse... Any info appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,
I am in the process of changing the carpet on my 69GTV 1750 105.51 US spc.
When I removed the center console there was no carpet behind the gear shift/under the fan? On classic Alfa they sell a set that shows on piece that would go there as well as one on the center tunnel which would mean under the cover?
I am a little confuse... Any info appreciated.
thanks
Hi, I'm having the same problem, I'm removing the centre console and not re-fitting the heater (only used in summer) and I therefore ordered the GT carpet set from Alfaholics. Good quality set if a bit fiddly to try and get the creases out over the transmission tunnel but it also lacks a piece that would usually be hidden by the heater. The passenger and driver's mats go some way over the top part of the tunnel but there will be a gap so I'm probably going to try and fashion a piece if I can get some spare carpet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I'm having the same problem, I'm removing the centre console and not re-fitting the heater (only used in summer) and I therefore ordered the GT carpet set from Alfaholics. Good quality set if a bit fiddly to try and get the creases out over the transmission tunnel but it also lacks a piece that would usually be hidden by the heater. The passenger and driver's mats go some way over the top part of the tunnel but there will be a gap so I'm probably going to try and fashion a piece if I can get some spare carpet.
On my car there is no piece that goes all the way right under the heater nor all around that front part.....strange.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
It does.. Where can I find this carpet set? As it does not correspond to the one on Classic Alfa?
I love Classic Alfa and use them for most of my Alfa parts needs. However, their carpet kits don't seem to meet the same, high standards of their other products. Problems include the shapes (as gtv21200 has observed) as well as the material (too nylon-y, too stiff, as I and others have observed). So who has more original carpets?

I'm not sure I know where to get original fitting, original-type material carpets. Re-Originals in the US or Elvezio Esposito in Italy might be a better sources. It's worth looking at the patterns on their sites to see if the shapes correspond to the diagram posted by Ossodiseppia. Alternatively, if your old carpet is in good enough condition to serve as a pattern, having a local upholsterer fabricate a set could be another strategy.

·
Registered
1968 1750 GTV USA Bianco Spino
141 Posts
It does.. Where can I find this carpet set? As it does not correspond to the one on Classic Alfa? thank you

It does. Makes sens but confused about the part 105.44.62.149.00 as where would that go?
Around the handbrake hole. Most parts are overlapping. I used capped bolts to screw mine in (105.51). Used the Classic Alfa grey reproduction, it's a bit different than the original parts diagram as it has a rectangle hole for the handbrake instead of round.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Around the handbrake hole. Most parts are overlapping. I used capped bolts to screw mine in (105.51). Used the Classic Alfa grey reproduction, it's a bit different than the original parts diagram as it has a rectangle hole for the handbrake instead of round.

Thanks. I looked at CA and looks like it would be the IN242 (black).

IN242 LHD 1750 GTV STANDING PEDALS CARPET SET - BLACK
Am I correct?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The correct for 105.51 is grey.

Thank you but that is the one I have tried (in black) and there is too many pieces.... thanks

·
Registered
1968 1750 GTV USA Bianco Spino
141 Posts
1750GTV aka Rossano tried the Classic Alfa one some years ago and wasn't happy. I think in the end he got one from Elvezio and he was happy with it.
Look it up in his thread. There's pictures of the carpet as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1750GTV aka Rossano tried the Classic Alfa one some years ago and wasn't happy. I think in the end he got one from Elvezio and he was happy with it.
Look it up in his thread. There's pictures of the carpet as well.

Sounds like the right fit...expensive though!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The picture of your car is correct. Not the pictures of the carpet sets available.
The center console and drive shaft tunnel areas are bare as original - covered by the consoles only. If you want to do it as original, you will cut the center carpet pieces such that only small trim pieces for transition to the floor remain along the center/drive shaft area, and nothing under the front/center console - where the console covers everything down the floor carpet. The small transition pieces on the center tunnel should be glued in place - just small strips glued to the sides of the tunnel and lapping under the floor pieces.
Otherwise, the center front and center consoles will not fit correctly with all the carpet under it. Others will add their two bits. But, this description is correct for your car 10551.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There might be some useful information here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The picture of your car is correct. Not the pictures of the carpet sets available.
The center console and drive shaft tunnel areas are bare as original - covered by the consoles only. If you want to do it as original, you will cut the center carpet pieces such that only small trim pieces for transition to the floor remain along the center/drive shaft area, and nothing under the front/center console - where the console covers everything down the floor carpet. The small transition pieces on the center tunnel should be glued in place - just small strips glued to the sides of the tunnel and lapping under the floor pieces.
Otherwise, the center front and center consoles will not fit correctly with all the carpet under it. Others will add their two bits. But, this description is correct for your car 10551.
Thank you. It makes a lot of sense! I will proceed with your suggestions as I am not a purist but still want the interior to look great. Last question? Would you cover the center tunnel with dynamat to insulate?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you. It makes a lot of sense! I will proceed with your suggestions as I am not a purist but still want the interior to look great. Last question? Would you cover the center tunnel with dynamat to insulate?
I wouldn't add thickness on top of the driveshaft center console. To fit well, the console needs to rest directly on the factory insulation - tar like substance there. If you chip away this factory insulation, then maybe. Also on the sides of the tunnel, even if the carpet is a little too thick, fitting the seats without rubbing the center console is tight. So, while maybe you can add some insulation, you need to mindful of stacking up carpet and insulation. The factory carpet was pretty thin.
You'll just need to test fit it and decide if works well. If the center/rear console does not sit down all the way, then by the time you fit the front/center console in under the dash, the seam between the two consoles won't line up and fit together well. It's a pretty tight fit the way the factory had it. So, this is one place where more may not be better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't add thickness on top of the driveshaft center console. To fit well, the console needs to rest directly on the factory insulation - tar like substance there. If you chip away this factory insulation, then maybe. Also on the sides of the tunnel, even if the carpet is a little too thick, fitting the seats without rubbing the center console is tight. So, while maybe you can add some insulation, you need to mindful of stacking up carpet and insulation. The factory carpet was pretty thin.
You'll just need to test fit it and decide if works well. If the center/rear console does not sit down all the way, then by the time you fit the front/center console in under the dash, the seam between the two consoles won't line up and fit together well. It's a pretty tight fit the way the factory had it. So, this is one place where more may not be better.
Thanks. I have indeed decided to avoir insulation and just went for center tunnel with a few dynamat (the thiner one). That is all. For the rest I will not add any layer so that it will fit as you described. IN fact the center tunnel was with some thick insulation (previous owner) and seats were rubbing against the cover. All this is remove. If Dynamat is too thick then I'll take it off.
Thanks for your advise and for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a little bit of black alfaholics carpet left over, yours if you want it let me know and I can send you dimensions

1 - 19 of 19 Posts