Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I'm new to this BB (long-time member on several Ferrari boards); I've been overwhelmed with the incredible help/support I've gotten for a few missing items I need for my OSCA GTZ. Thanks to Stuart Passey, I may be on my way to sourcing the Zagato jack hole covers I needed from a UK source.

OK - on to the latest item I discovered today. One of my four rear tail light mounts is a replacement part for the original Carello item. The data I pulled from brown plastic plug housing on the back of one of the correct Carello parts is:

K12754
18W

I'm attaching a picture of the rear of my car for reference as these "bee hive" Carello lenses are common to the Abarth's and I believe Fiat 500's. Ferrari used a similar style on 250GT and 250GTO cars. My lenses are near perfect -- it's just the one mounting base that I need (its a chromed alloy or pot metal part).

I'm sure this part is shared with a late 1950's or early 1960's Alfa Guilia, etc. but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know.

Anyone know if this is a shared Alfa part? Know where I can source one?

Thanks in advance Alfisti!

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can't help you, since I don't know enough about the early Giuliettas either. But I must tell you that your car is absolutely beautiful. I love the signature Zagato double bubble roof, with the vents at the back. Good luck sourcing the parts that you need.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The lights look the same as the front turn signal lamps for the Giulietta/Guilia Spider (1957-1965). The lenses would have been white (frosted glass) on the Alfa, but since it is just the base that you're after that probably wouldn't pose a problem. Try either OKP in Germany, or Alfa Stop in the UK, or maybe even Reoriginals in Texas. All have websites. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
According to my 1977 Carello catalogue, there were at least 6 different light units resembling the ones you need, with applications as varied as Citroen DS21, Fiat light trucks, Lancia B24 etc. Thanks to a truly Byzantine numbering system, the lens numbers do not always (read: 'hardly ever') correspond to the official Carello parts number for that particular unit. It's for this reason that part number 16.616.751 doesn't really mean anything - it's just a sub-component reference number that could have been applicable to any one of dozens of different light units.

Still, knowing the number on the lens AND a clear photo of the unit (preferably removed from the car?) might be a good start, and I'll let you know what I find.

Alex.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ALEX - thanks for the reply, but my lenses are fine (as you can see in the picture). It is the chrome metal mounting base (with plug housing on the back side) that I need.

Let me know,
Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alex - thanks but the amber turn signal lenses are stamped Carello with part number 16.500.717 and the housings are identical. I may have a replacement lens in this left rear brake light, but remaining housings are all identical. RE-ORIGINALS actually describes having this type unit on their website (despite no pic's) and I intend to contact them to obtain pictures and confirm part numbers. Unfortunately, Matt is impossible to reach and they never seem to respond to requests for parts orders (at least on the 3 attempts I've made since last year on this car) ... so I've given up on using them.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
16.500.717 corresponds to a late 1960s Fiat 600/850T light truck, a late 1950s Fiat 1100TN heavy truck, and an early 1960s Lancia Esadelta light truck.

This number corresponds to Fiat part number 9910858, and Lancia part number 82185466. Curiously, there is also a cross-reference to an Alfa part number 191.00.65.011.00/03 but there is no reference to this in the illustrated section of the Carello catalogue that is devoted to Giuliettas, etc. In any case, I suspect that Alfa part number is a typo and should actually read 101.00.65.011.00/03.

It's not much, but it's a start ...

PS: It might seem like heresy, but there are Lucas lights which look very similar and which might yield a base which works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Alex -- as you know with these "hand built" (Zagato) cars they used whatever was available that day on the production line to finish them. I have detailed photographs from about a dozen of the original cars (both Zagato & Fissore bodied versions) and have exchanged emails with owners in Belgium, Germany, and The Netherlands to compare how our cars are the same and different also. I could fill an entire set of posts detailing this, but since there are no shop manuals for these cars (only homologation papers) we're having to use the Fiat/OSCA 1600S shop manual for drivetrain information, plus Fiat, Alfa & Lancia part number guides for other information as many era parts were shared. For instance, my ignition switch is shared with the Lancia Aurelia and Flaminia Zagato.

Given the part number information you have discovered, do you know a source for finding these? I just talked with EB Spares (UK) and Alfa Shop (UK) this morning and they claim to have nothing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Seeing as we could be talking Lancia parts, it might be a good idea to get in touch with Omicron. Again, not the cheapest source but they do appear to know what they're talking about and might be able to source these for you. OK Parts might also have something in their warehouse. Failing that, you might have to start scouring Italy. The eBay and Subito websites might yield something. Sorry I can't be of any more help, but good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alex - thanks. Christian (OKP) just confirmed he has what I need including a spare Carello lens; so I'm going to buy them. Thanks :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dear OSCA GTZ can you tell me where I can find Zagato jack hole cover and the inside rear mirror for my OSCA GTZ n. 078, from this forum I have understand that you have found them. I have many spare parts only for engine and ligths if you need. Is there any register of OSCA Zagato? Ciao Mario

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OSCA 1600GT parts

Mario - greetings. The gentleman in the UK who said he would supply the reproduction jack hole covers never provided them in 2010. I have emailed Stuart Passay in the UK and he says he can work with the foundry who can make them - but they would need a minimum commitment quantity of probably 10 sets. I am willing to help organize the production of 10 sets because I believe there are Alfa and OSCA owners of Zagato cars that could use them. You can email me directly to discuss further via the OSCA 1600 GT blog site I have launched last month: O.S.C.A. 1600 GT - history, registry, restoration, technical information

I would like to learn more about your car so we can post information about it on the site registry section of the site. You can add comments to any of the blog topic posts and if you have historical information or documents for upload, let me know and I will upload them.

I may be interested in some of your parts and will introduce you to my parts sources in Europe for the mirror, etc. (including an OSCA owner in Brescia/Italy).

All Alfa SZ or OSCA owners can email me directly to place an order for the Zagato jack hole covers: [email protected]

Best regards,
Steve
Texas, USA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts