·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
Your best bet will be a watch on e-bay.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gordon, I have been looking. Hard to find. I had a set years ago on my 67 Super, but as Andrew says"not very useful for light" but a lot of cool factor.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Deepblue ,Gordon, classicalfas and all,

In my opinion, they have become rather unobtainable, even on the Net. Check the professional classic alfa parts providers or be lucky here on alfabb.
Be aware that Carello made the same model of nippled lenses for universal fog lights (to be mounted on the bumper) that can be found now and then on the Net but most of the time if not allways, they have another diameter.
For the 2600 and that early Giulia, you definitely need to have the Carello number: 02.130.700 on the nipple of the glass !

Deepblue, if at the end you really can't find anything, I will let go my two reserve light units: good lenses but very bad reflectors. Rechroming is not that easy as the reflector is clinched and not sealed on the glass. See also the thread from DPeterson3 :' Carello headlight restoration ' for the outer light units.

It is the same story as described there for the outer 2600 Carello units ( 00.506.700), these are also clinched although I now think that the ultimate series of these 170mm ( 00.506.700) units were yet sealed by Carello, I recently found some NOS units of that number from an old stock, they are for the German market. These have the sealed glass and reflector, not clinched . ( Please note, I'm not talking here of the recent replicas of the 00.506.700 that are also sealed!)
'For the German market' means that they have a little citylight socket in the reflector.

Back to the 2600 inner light units:

The cheapest and easiest way, although also becoming difficult to find them nowadays, is to look for the Carello replacement unit, knowing that they are without the nipple. All depends on what kind of restoration you have or are planning.

Classicalfas, what you are showing are universal spot lights from Marchal, the needed Carellos for the 2600 are 'incorporated' in the front .

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Classicalfas,

Is this a recent picture? Than you have the same weather as we have here in Belgium at the moment.

Are both the Marchals spot lights (682) or do you have one spotlight and one fog light?
In the early days both light types could be found on the same car, one of each.
These Marchals have indeed also a nippled glass but there ends the resemblance.
the Carellos are built in in the front as can be seen on the picture.

Rgds,

Thierry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Both lights are the same, that photo was taken trailering the car after purchase last year, mid September. Non stop rain for 700 miles. I’ll have to take photos of the lenses next time I’m at the garage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a nice picture of the lights. Thanks to everyone for the great information. I have a few feelers out but no such yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Thierry, I may take you up on that. Im working on an early 1600 TI, so they would be perfect for that. If you are willing send me a pm. Regardless, thank you very much for the information.

DJ

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys, anybody know if there is a difference between Carello Fog Light 02.130.700 and 02.140.700?

·
Registered
291 Posts
DJ,

They look the same but they definitely have different dimensions.
For your application you really can use only the 02.130.700 .
The lense diameter of the 140 is about 16mm smaller than the 130.

You always can use those 140 as a set of auxiliary spot lights like those Marchals on the Giulia bumper ( post 4) but they won't fit in the frontgrill as the ones on your picture in post 8 ... and if you would buy them, be sure that they are complete and working because spare parts for the auxiliary lights (140) are also rare to be found.
For completing the row of these (very nice) lights, there was also a 02.150.700 set, the same model but also with a smaller diameter. These were made for trucks and busses as they had to hang upside down under the bumper.

Sorry if I disappointed you with this information,

Thierry

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Theirry,

I put the pictures side by side and the lenses are similar but not the same. I could not tell if they were different dimensions so this is much appreciated information. I will stick to the 02.130.700. I found one NOS but very expensive.

DJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts