Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of us who have trouble finding replacment headlights for our Sprints and Suds. You just can't go down to Supercheap and grab a pair of Lucas Sealed beams off the shelf and stick em in.

So how are people solving this problem? Are there any quick and easy alternative headlight replacement options out there? Are there any suppliers out there still sourcing these parts? Any NOS available?
Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just to infuriate all those people who have 'suds and sprints even more, the previous owner of a certain alfa parts distributor here in Adelaide threw out a whole batch of NOS spare carello and siem lenses because he "got sick of looking at them". Who in their right mind does this sort of thing?! I wasn't happy I can tell ya!

~Benjamin

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a nut job............

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think I did a ring around last year for headlights and found one Melbourne supplier said they had a pair of low beams for a series one sprint....at about 350.00 EACH:eek:

My old ones suddenly looked better.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think I did a ring around last year for headlights and found one Melbourne supplier said they had a pair of low beams for a series one sprint....at about 350.00 EACH:eek:

My old ones suddenly looked better.
I can beat that...

NOS Alfetta sedan quad headlight grille version - low and high beams $650Aus EACH.

I've seen cheaper classic Ferrari and Maserati headlights!

~Benjamin

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you go to the following website there is a plan for a cheap fix of these lights. I did this alteration a few years ago and it worked really well. Run the wiring through relays and you will have unbeleivable lights. Corello Headlights

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting article. However I am looking for the plastic clips that mount the headlights to the adjusters. They are mentioned in the article as being avaliable from a third party but not who. Anyone here know where they can be obtained?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi mo99: You might want to contact these guys in Sydney, I am pretty sure I saw these clips advertised on their e-bay last week. good luck. Ricambi-D-epoca-Auto

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hey Guys.

I have a set of high and low beam headlamps for a sud for sale.
All NOS (new old stock)
All SIEM brand.
The low beam has a parking light in it.
Numbers on low beam light lens is Siem 8350,HC,E2,193,A351.etc
Numbers on the high beam lens SIEM,JODOLUX,iIGM 4877,5796,E2 etc
They all have 2 slots for screw adjustment + 1 for holding the spring.

Robert

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are these brand spanking new, are the chrome bowls completely rust free?

Are they for right hand drive?

If so please pm me a price.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi there sudsonic

PM sent
I hope they are RHD .
Thats why I gave the numbers on the lenses.
They are Genuine Alfa Romeo parts as sold to me by an Alfa Romeo dealer here in Sydney Australia.RHD here in Australia.
What might you offer for them ?

Robert

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Is there still a need out there for rhd headlights? I have many NOS and good used Carello and Siem items for Alfetta/Alfasud/Sprint/33. Too many too take individual photos! Email/PM me your requirements (I'll need any lens/bowl numbers you can find etc to help me accurately ID them) and let's see if we can get your car wearing new lights by Xmas!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts