Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure this has been done before but I cannot find a thread on it. Is there a source for complete 7" Carello assemblies as per this diagram for my transition 58 sprint veloce ? I've looked on Alfastop but they don't seem....unless I'm being dopey...to have the whole thing. Any ideas ?
Thanks,
David (UK)

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am sure this has been done before but I cannot find a thread on it. Is there a source for complete 7" Carello assemblies as per this diagram for my transition 58 sprint veloce ? I've looked on Alfastop but they don't seem....unless I'm being dopey...to have the whole thing. Any ideas ?
Thanks,
David (UK)
I would buy two of these: used headlights (with the three springs) then you can fit these rings. You need also the retainer ring number 4 and other small items.
Do not buy the gasket number 16 from Classic Alfa, they are selling the wrong one.

pot.jpg

I hope this helps you.
Frans

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here my 1959 veloce with this the Carello bucket and chrome ring.
The Carello buckets are not available new anymore.
The us cars had Lucas buckets and rings and are much more difficult to find,

Maybe there is another solution?

Koplamp.jpg

Frans

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I have a 1961 Sprint Veloce and has Carello headlight buckets. The car is a US version. I have black gaskets around the side grilles and front grill.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that. It seems then that I can use a later bowl. Just need to sort out Carello rims and the sealed light unit with " Carello" on the glass then.
While I'm here....I put an ad asking for a pair of side grills on the wanted section. Just in case anybody on here knows of some..I'd ratehr not use new ones if possible and we are about to do the nose, so need them for the profiling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts