Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Carello cowls don't look right

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  VabeneGTV 
#1 ·
Hi,
This has been driving me nuts for a long time. There is an odd black rubber trim type thing that seems to be adhesed to the headlight opening, and it looks like crap. See image 1.

If I remove the trim, it looks as though something is missing. See image 2.

From a few feet away, it looks fine with the covers on and the black trim in place. But it still bugs me. See image 3.

The more I look at it, the less I think that this part is the solution, and that I need to get some expensive bodywork done to improve the fit. Any suggestions? Seems like the work done in this forum thread is the only real solution here.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
With the headlights mounted behind the openings, there should be a stainless surround that clips to the opening, not black. I will take a photo of what they look like and post in a bit. To my knowledge they are still available or easily found.

#5 ·
Thanks all, I just submitted the order. I assume the chrome ring will replace those black rubber things without issue. I'll keep you posted. Vabene, still interested in seeing your pics, just for additional confirmation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.