Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This has been driving me nuts for a long time. There is an odd black rubber trim type thing that seems to be adhesed to the headlight opening, and it looks like crap. See image 1.

If I remove the trim, it looks as though something is missing. See image 2.

From a few feet away, it looks fine with the covers on and the black trim in place. But it still bugs me. See image 3.

The more I look at it, the less I think that this part is the solution, and that I need to get some expensive bodywork done to improve the fit. Any suggestions? Seems like the work done in this forum thread is the only real solution here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
With the headlights mounted behind the openings, there should be a stainless surround that clips to the opening, not black. I will take a photo of what they look like and post in a bit. To my knowledge they are still available or easily found.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I just submitted the order. I assume the chrome ring will replace those black rubber things without issue. I'll keep you posted. Vabene, still interested in seeing your pics, just for additional confirmation.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
How it should be! I think the complete the car and are aesthetically pleasing as it continues the fender line, it just flows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts