Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late model intake 40/32mm from a 1750 that I want to use on a 2.0L. I have a machinist friend that can increase the bore on the head side for me. I would like to enlarge the head side to 34mm. Can I do that safely, or would it be better to try and find a 2.0L manifold?

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
It will work fine. Don't forget to match them with manifold to head gasket in place.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
I am using a 1600 intake manifold with 45DCOE's on a hot 2L motor and it is a deliberate choice to maintain charge velocity. They are matched by tapering 40 mm adapters to 45 mm.

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
Some years ago I bought a bunch of 105 1300 manifolds because the small ports allow them to be fitted to any Alfa head / Weber. One left, not for sale.

·
Registered
630 Posts
LOL. Siren song of really large runners, carbs, valves, headers always calls, sounds cool, doesn’t work for a lot of applications. “One left, not for sale”

·
Registered
262 Posts
My 2.0L intake measures 36mm on the engine side. I have a few 1300 / 1600 intakes and the casting looks the same on the outside. The only difference is the engine side diameter, it will work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts