Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm a carb user. Reason being it's cheap and easy to tune. With a few grand, a good after market ECU and good tune(incl ignition mapping) on dyno would probably get you more power and efficiency. Bear in mind of course the ignition module differs. This will cost a lot more than whatever you have to do to get carbs in. But I kindda think carbs are really cool. A mechanical unit that can perform such feats. I'm always proud of my carbs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There's this thing about the Alfa 33 that makes you happier as the rev goes higher. I believe forced induction will rob this aspect. And turbo charged engines have a shorter life span.

I know of this dude that turbo charged his 147. It's very fast. Standard pistons gave way very soon after. Spent thousands on Forged pistons. Total job cost nearly 10K. And I've got this strong feeling his glory won't last long.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lenus mentioned the P4 crossovers which are of unequal length. CSC Marmite makes tuned length crossovers but the ground clearance is bad. It's similar to the 146/145 boxers ones but in those cars, the engines are mounted higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.