Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a std 8v TS conversion in my 71 Giulia GTV and want to install 2 Webber DCOE45’s onto it. Not sure of what parts are required. I know at least a new manifold. AMH motorsport or Alfaholics i guess. Unless someone has one to sell. But what else do I need?

Thank and apologies if it’s been asked before.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
There are many people to help. AHMotorsports or Alfaholics are there closest to you, right? Don't miss FormulaGT in Germany. They have fine parts too. Visit the Autocomponenti webpage in the USA. Please post your successes.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hi All, I have a std 8v TS conversion in my 71 Giulia GTV and want to install 2 Webber DCOE45’s onto it.
MAIN information is missing as we need to know the donor cyl head engine.

Early 75 / Milano / 164 1st series (m/fold 'wet' type)

OR

164 late / 155 type ('dry' type)

That information changes a LOT regarding water passages and system of coolant exit out of the head. Late heads needs also mods to CVT oil passages.

What you need as well to modify is the location of the throttle link bracket below the m/fold.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Besides that: imho: put on a decent airbox with cold air pickup at the front, not the foam type filter as on the picture you used.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Besides that: imho: put on a decent airbox with cold air pickup at the front, not the foam type filter as on the picture you used.
Pipercross makes a good cold airbox. I bought mine from Demon Tweaks in the UK. Finding a proper backing plate for the 75 TS manifold is near impossible. The one Alfaholics sells requires modification as the carburetor spacing on their 75 TS manifold is slightly wider than the Nord spacing. Easy enough to do with a grinder, but its not a bolt-on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
imho: put on a decent airbox with cold air pickup at the front, not the foam type filter as on the picture you used.
That is my engine bay picture above, and, yes I agree with you.
I'm in the process of making a fiberglass airbox with a cold air pickup to replace that foam filter!
I'll post some pictures soon...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Pipercross makes a good cold airbox. I bought mine from Demon Tweaks in the UK. Finding a proper backing plate for the 75 TS manifold is near impossible. The one Alfaholics sells requires modification as the carburetor spacing on their 75 TS manifold is slightly wider than the Nord spacing. Easy enough to do with a grinder, but its not a bolt-on.

Ciao Alfa69GTV1750,

Have you done comparative dyno runs with and without air box? Plus, did you have any clearance issues with the Demon Tweaks airbox

I’m running a AHMotorsports intake manifold with AH Pipercross backing plate/filter and have been wondered about improvements with an airbox......

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Ciao Alfa69GTV1750,

Have you done comparative dyno runs with and without air box? Plus, did you have any clearance issues with the Demon Tweaks airbox

I’m running a AHMotorsports intake manifold with AH Pipercross backing plate/filter and have been wondered about improvements with an airbox......

Thanks in advance
Only dyno runs have been at the bar while bench racing. Still haven't completed the swap! I am concerned about the fit though.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you run a brake booster, you need to do something about a tap into the manifold. I have the AHM version - I drilled and tapped for the one-way valve but found the the thread of the valve was way longer that the available metal in the manifold. As such I now have a spacer and some copper washers in between, but it leaves a bit to be desired.

Dont forget the Misab plates and washers to mount the carbs. Much cheaper on ebay than elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Please share your carb settings. Chokes, venturis, mains, emulsions, air correctors, idle jets etc. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts