• Neither option is appealing.

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 pics one with carbon fiber door panel, one with OEM door panel. Perfect accent for someone who already has a carbon fiber shift knob? Mseirt, let me know if you'd like a pair for free (shipping free also).

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
David
What is the method you use to put this panel back into the door handle. Also what is the best method to reinstall the foil ribbon accent strip below it. I have been waiting to put these parts back together until I'm sure that I'm done getting inside the door
Thanks

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David
What is the method you use to put this panel back into the door handle.
Are you talking about the door panel or this carbon fiber piece. The carbon fiber piece is an interferrence fit, kind of slides and then snaps in.
spidryell said:
Also what is the best method to reinstall the foil ribbon accent strip below it.
:confused: The chrome strip?? If that is what you are refering to, it slides in, again, an intereferrence fit.
Would you have any pics to pin point exactly what it is you are talking about?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
When re-fitting the little panel onto the door handle, always slide/push in the smaller end first, and the larger end last. (This applies to all pieces that have different size ends.) A very thin flat head screwdriver is very helpful. As far as the accent strip - well, it's delicate, so you just have to be careful and patient as you slide it back into place...

Best regards,

·
Administrator
16,626 Posts
That "chrome" trim piece is actually a plastic material. On our Spider the chromey stuff was already flaking off the plastic base so I removed the remaining chrome (just flex the plastic a bit to loosen the "chrome" and a fingernail to scrape it clean). Now the trim is an opaque white instead of chrome but it looks better than the flakey chrome...

The trim fits into a slot in the arm rest. The arm rest is rubbery enough to allow the trim to tuck in - usually using a putty knife to persuade the last bit to tuck into the slot.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks everyone.

I didn't know whether or not there was a better way to put those back in. After 25 years the arm rest isn't as rubbery and now with the cold weather it is even worse. I thought about a little heat from a hair dryer to help. One of my chome covered plastic trim pieces is great, the other has the chrome loosening so I think I have one shot to do it right before I have to scrape the chrome off

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
2 pics one with carbon fiber door panel, one with OEM door panel. Perfect accent for someone who already has a carbon fiber shift knob? Mseirt, let me know if you'd like a pair for free (shipping free also).
Thanks DD for the offer but I like the stock look of my S-4 door panel even though if the carbon panel was used as the flat panel under the black trim it wouldn't look bad...................just to much of a custom look for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks DD for the offer but I like the stock look of my S-4 door panel even though if the carbon panel was used as the flat panel under the black trim it wouldn't look bad...................just to much of a custom look for me.
Wow, your door handle looks nothing like mine, thought ours was of the same type, never mind!:D:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts