Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new parts available for 105 type bellcranks, other than the Alum. ones from Centerline??
Curious what our European friends use on their older models.
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Randy, I found a NOS "post" on ebay recently. But it won't help much without an unworn crank. I think the easiest approach would be to rebush the crank.

Erik

·
Super Moderator
11,397 Posts
I used to make up the shorter Giulia spider assemblies, but had too many requests and they were time consuming to cut out and weld up to make them identical to OEM. One of the longer GT style as you picture, could easily have the shaft replaced, slightly oversize, and the bell crank drilled to match. That would probably be the easiest repair.
Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I once swung a worn "post" between centres on a lathe, turned/ trued off the wear then brass bushed the crank to suit the new diameter of the post. A fair bit of work.

I currently have a small production run of steel posts and cranks, oem like, in the making.

As Gordon says a lot of work.

Randy, PM me if you are still looking.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Here some in production pics of my crank and post repros attempts. Original parts on the right first pic.

It remains to silver braze the bearing to the crank, install the ball ends, blast, paint and assemble with washer and pin.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,397 Posts
More bell crank projects

Very nice Ken! Look like my short Giulia Veloce spider units, but the bell crank I had to build has the double arms. The angle between the arms and the distance from one another are a pain to make. Ahhh, but you now know that! Anyone that wants a exact reproduction, can now see from your great photo's, that this is a labor intensive project!
:DGordon Raymond

Attachments

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fabulous work you guys!!
Gordon and Ken, those are works of art!
Sad to see that with so many of these models on the road, no big supplier has stepped up to reproduce them in mass. I thought for sure that one of the European shops would have something, given the greater numbers of later 105/115 models still in use there.
If I decide to remake mine, perhaps a ball bearing fitament would solve the problem forever!
Randy

·
Super Moderator
11,397 Posts
Hi Randy,
In actual use, these will go 100K street miles or 2-3 race seasons before getting floppy. Even floppy ones can be tightened up using Ken's or my suggestions. The problem is when they are MISSING altogether:eek:! Then you need to find a sucker like me or Ken that will waste a lot of time building a beautiful reproduction. Should you find a willing fabricator, treat them REAL:) nice. The part may still cost you a fortune, but you probably won't need to do it again. I think maybe a dozen of my short ones are on street race and collector cars now. I made the one pictured for an Ausca 1600 single plug race engine I'm restoring for my own use. Perhaps it is the last. I charged more and more for each one in the dumb hope that each one was the last, or someone else would look at it as a chance to make a limited run, but as Ken will probably agree, that never happens. It's not a bad job, just time consuming to get them perfect. If Ken has one you need, buy it quick and pay whatever he asks!
:D Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I would think that unless someone is after the original look, the price would have to be lower than the beautiful aluminum one that Centerline sells.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Hello !

We have a supplier here in Germany that sells a complete unit for 45€, see picture. Can be found here: Del-Priore
Thanks Morten

This looks like a good source for all kinds of parts and they have an English version of the web site.

Have you had good dealings with Del-priore and can you recommend them ??

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello Ken !

They are OK. Normaly very quick delivery within Germany (I live in Denmark, but work in Germany) Some parts are sometime not in stock, so maybe it would be a good idea to ask before you buy. I can also recommend Alfa-Service ::: Home I have bought a lot of stuff there and I am 100% satisfied. Another very good german supplier is OKP Parts & Engineering for Italian Cars - Die Alfa Romeo Spezialisten: Start. But I don't know what it will cost to send parts across the big sea :confused:.

·
Super Moderator
11,397 Posts
Ken,
Due to worldwide economic conditions, any items purchased in Europe, will cost a bit more, due to devaluation of the dollar as compared to other currencies. Despite this, I do a considerable amount of business with Christian Ondrak @ OK Parts, and other sources "across the pond". Shipping IS expensive, but for those items that cannot be sourced by our excellent American suppliers, OK Parts gets my business. Christian is honest, helpful and a supplier that listens to the requests of his customers. He will hold orders until you have enough piled at his end to justify shipping. He likes Fed-Ex, and often gets me parts FASTER than U.S. sources. He will use less costly shipping on request. Finally, he does locate sources for strange Alfa stuff, not available elsewhere.
Morten Svendsen is right on track recommending HIS sources! Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I too have bought most parts for my projects from OKParts. Very good service and usually have hard to find items ( NOS vent windows for a Giulia Super to name one! ).
When I inquired about the bellcrank, Christian said it is NLA.
I have bought from Del-Priore before. They have correct, new rear view mirror glass for Duettos in stock. I'll try them for the linkage pieces!
Thanks, Randy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts