Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to my Alfa 90 2.0 V6

After the car has been sitting for a few days....it's just about impossible to start without pumping the accelerator........and even doing that, the car sounds like it starts and dies out right away.....

It's had this problem for awhile.....but it was recently tuned up..........and now it seems I can't get the car running without killing the battery......even replaced the fuel pressure regulator.......what does the cold start injector due during start up??

Any advice???

·
Registered
296 Posts
The cold start injector does just what the name implies - it injects fuel during a cold start.

Sounds like yours needs to be checked.

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
IF your car has it, check the fuel pump double relay, as found in Milanos. This little bugger can start acting weird, or just plain quit working altogether. Had this problem with our Milano, and it had the very same symptoms as you describe. Replaced that double relay and it's been fine since. It can be a problem for many Milanos I hear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Del, this is a Spica system, but I will check if it still uses a fuel double pump relay............

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
Probably not then.

With the Spica, we had an Alfetta where the altitude compensator spring broke, and it kept telling the Spica that the car was at about 50,000 ft altitude. It also had those same symptoms you describe. It might be something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts