Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
hmm that's an interesting one. looks worked over. been repainted. valve covers painted.
I hope it goes in the 5-6k range. I'd like to see these cars start selling up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks like a nice car. The interior seems a little odd, though. The carpet and rear seat appear to be from a Balocco. Steve

·
Registered
393 Posts
Someone likes those wheels, there are almost more close-up pics of the wheels than the rest of the car!

I'm not sure about the carpet, it doesn't look stock. Looks like an extra aftermarket fuse panel has been added. Stock airbox and filter were traded out for an aftermarket air filter. Valve covers are the later style with block lettering, not sure that is stock for this year. Windshield washer bottle is gone. Radio area of the dash looks possibly hacked a little, ash tray is missing, and the panel under the glovebox is missing. Makes me wonder if some work has been done to the heater core or A/C.

On the positive side, the body looks good and straight, no rust showing. The rear brake rotors are drilled, and it looks like some poly bushings were installed in places.

I would definitely want to look this over in person or have someone I trust give it a look and a test drive. It will be interesting to see what happens with the bidding.

S

·
0 Posts
From the looks of things, this could be a good one.

Are those stock headers? They look brand new. Most of the time the visible header pipes have rust. This could be a garaged model.

I think the seats look very good - they are listed as a "grey" interior? I've never heard of "grey" leather, guessing that's human error by the seller.

Everything looks good on this one - 8/10. I'm thinking if it indeed runs well and the Carfax checks out, $5.5k to $6k would be in order. Anything less could be a real bargain.

Maybe someone will check it out and let us know?

David
1986 GTV-6

I would investigate the carfax for more info on ownership.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I don't know 'bout this one......
The side skirts are missing but the holes and the clips (painted over, not removed) are still there, the re-wiring into an alternate fuse box screwed to the side kick panel and their is a bunch of stuff missing in the center console. More wiring issues under the passenger side dash.
I like the wheels and the Alfetta spoiler though, plus it does have headers which makes what wonder what else has been done to the engine!:D

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Is that grigio nube colour? I like the colour and the `fetta spolier painted as the body, seems a good combo I can try when I paint my gtv2.0 (right now it has the spoiler in black and with the "Alfa Romeo gtv2.0" plate)

Unfortunately the description of the car doesn`t mention all the extras you guys have noted (poly, valve covers, headers, cross drilled rotors etc)

Nice car!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Looking at it I would bet she's a bit rougher that they are acting like. *** is up with the wiring on the drivers side? It's also missing a bunch of interior and exterior peices.

Paul

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
David, that car has an aftermarket exhaust system, probably either Shankle or CSC. The sotck cast units are quite a bit heavier and ugglier looking.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The Powers of Observation

You guys are amazing!... There are some points of interest, but the main thing with a 116 is to make sure it was cared for. This looks like a drivable one, though I'd prefer stock exhaust manifolds, mainly because noone's figured-out how to build headers that don't leak. -I don't want my date to "pass out" due to carbon monoxide poisening...:D

Looks like an '84. with an earlier rear seat & missing rocker panel covers. I couldn't spot the repaint - too hard to tell from pictures - though I don't think this is an '84 color, if you look at the door jamb pic (up high) you can see a lighter grey/silver?. Probably AR 545 Opale - common for that year. Doesn't really matter. To me, if it's a driver car, and it's presentable. That's the main thing. Seems like Silver metallic and Red get scorched badly by the sun, so I wouldn't necessarily conclude that repaint is due to rust. I don't care so much for the OZ's, but the offset definitely gives the car the right stance! Vehicle appears to be lowered just right as well.

I would think this car was owned by someone who was upgrading as components needed replacing. It's got the usual budget perfromance mods: headers and K&N cone, probably loosened th AFM. It might even have cams! (Valve covers are not from an '84 GTV6 methinks. Those would be the smooth one's with scripted logo.) Aftermarket rims, poly bushes etc...

Rear seat coulda' been fried by the Nevada sun, or destroyed by booster seat;). Aftermarket Fuse-Panel may not be a negative thing IYKWIM.:cool: Engine compartment is clean and shankle rear rotors might imply recent rear calipers.

That's what I look for. Rust, Rear rotors/calipers, clutch, trans, & steering rack. Everything else is childs play (e.g. timing belt/water pump, detensioner & accessories). 7 days left and it's at $2800.00 at the time of this post. That's encouraging for the 116. Still, I wouldn't go over $4800.00 just because I don't believe the mileage.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I hate to reply to my own reply, but here's another nice one - apparently re-listed. eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo (item 190176673979 end time Nov-24-07 14:47:45 PST)
Those rims usually look look better on the Milano, but somehow work on this car! They are very light, but bend like Chinese flatwear at the dollar store. :Dhehe Went through three of 'em on my last car!:eek: The color of this car is very - different. I've seen an '86 Quadriglio Spider w/hardtop in this color - neither masculine or feminine hmmmfh. Too bad for the gashes in the body, otherwise looks original and clean DYT?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Visited the shop in Reno and started up the GTV6. Ran very well once I tightened up the AFM. Couldn't take it out for a spin since it was behind several other cars (BMW in the way!!) Side door label says its an '84.

Car looked clean with rust areas repaired, nice new exhaust headers, nice drilled brake rotors.

Interio is OK with seats in good condition. Get a new IAP dash cap.

Electric was redone.

Not a concourse car but it would be a good street/track car. I'm not into concourse cars and all the little parts and pieces but the car looks and sounds like a pretty good runner. I really like the pedal configuration which maked heel/toe very easy.

THey also have a nice '74 spider, '91 spider, and an Alfetta Sedan which didn't have the obvious rust around the windows, wheel arches, inside the engine bay. Alfetta didn't start since the battery was dead but you can't beat the price, which is make an offer.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Right, good. - Not a re-paint. That light area must have been from the camera flash!... Sorry to sellers for any "making news instead of reporting news syndrome"

Car looked clean with rust areas repaired, nice new exhaust headers, nice drilled brake rotors
Yeah, rotors all around - I also noticed the exhaust center section is not stock - probably all new front to back.

'91, Was the mileage 53k or 153k? Any story on the seat mismatch? Seems like the upper limits have been around $7,000.00 for some time now for an Excellent Condition GTV6. 9k for EC Maratona here in the midwest. I really like the body color and the red carpet is Quadrifoglio style! Too bad ToonR can't bid...

...already got one needy vehicle! :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mileage says 53k only because there is no 100,000's place.

Seat mismatch is no problem. Front seats are in good condition. I'm guessing the back seat and carpet came from an older Balocco sp? model. Some interior and exterior detail pieces are missing. U can find the parts at APE in CA.

Bid on the car to drive, don't expect concourse car. I didn't drive it so I don't know clutch feel etc. My guess is that the PO changed out all the worn out stuff and replaced with parts to keep the car running as a driver.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
one look at it spooked me enuf to not even watch it..that patch job on the inner fender looks well..scetchy at best but could be the camera angle .....that said and the wireing uhh hack job makes me wonder whats hiding in the unseen corners of the car

·
Registered
761 Posts
scetchy rust repair? electrical hack job? again, I said its not a concourse car but it should be a good driver. no need to diss the car you haven't seen over the bb.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
$3450.00 and 1 day 6hrs left. Too bad you couldn't get a driving impression '91. If any of the bidders are reading these posts, it could make a difference.

That '86 in "Champagne" is at $2600.00 with 8hrs left. That's a good buy IMO, that car looks well cared for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts