Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
Does anyone have any ideas on shipping a car from Catania in Sicily to Los Angeles?
Anton

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Do a search on the board here - A lot of folks have shipped from Europe/ Italy and it is relatively straight forward. The only things that matter are finding a trustworthy company (Lots around), your choice of shippment method (RoRo or container), sufficient insurance, and $$$. Will cost you - end-to-end - $3,500 - $7,000, everything included (And there is a lot to include ...). Lots of people here have done it.

Contact me if you need more info. For an expensive and/ or rare car, I recommend Cosdel in San Francisco. A bit more expensive but they will take care of it all the way.

Mike

Edit: All you need to know is here.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/50888-transporting-car-italy.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1963-1974/50203-cost-breakdown-importing-car-europe.html

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
From what I know, no ro-ro directly from Italy. North Germany, Holland, Belgium......
Container shipping from Italy is OK.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. Can't do Ro-Ro, it hasn't run for years.
It's gonna be a parts car for our latest project and I need to be sure I get ALL the parts so I guess it'll have to be in a container.
Anton

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Anton,

I'm with Mike. If it's even reasonably valuable have Cosdel deal with everything. It's not the cheapest, but it's worth it for the one-stop convenience, and you won't have to deal with any issues.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I would caution you on a parts car: A) to ship any valuable parts separately and B) CLEAN the car of any mud and dirt and cobwebs especially the undercarriage ( the ag boys frown on insect nests and dark dirty places which harbor seeds that can threaten our crops, especially if landed in Texas, Florida or California) C) make sure it rolls freely and the tires hold air for an extended period of time and D) expect customs to scrutinize it far more than they would a running car= > time enroute. It's not just drugs and weapons they are looking for. If they don't like the insect they see, they have the right to pack it up and return it to sender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts