Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using for working on your Soider at home?

I would love a 2 post or 4 post lift, but just don't have the space and money.

Has anyone had experience with these Tilt Lifts? are they useful? from the look it seems like a good home solution to working on everything except dropping the transmission.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,720 Posts
I just invite this guy over. Biggest problem is keeping him from shouting and waking up the neighbors.

"HULK CHANGE TIE RODS!"
"Yeah, man, I know. Keep it down, will ya?"

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do the floor stands give you ability to work on the suspension easily? what is the pros and cons?

The tilt stand looks really intriguing to me.

Yes, yes, plenty of options....I could dig a hole and drive over it, or I could drive up a concrete road divider.

Attachments

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,002 Posts
this is really not helpimg him.. i do not know about that stand/lift if it is made of steel and you could lock it up on the lift phase.. it looks like it would be safr..

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
here's another model from Sweden. I have never seen one but people claim they are OK. Almost the same design. On the pics they have a Jaguar on it, so it should take a Spider too.

More pics -> Om Mekaniska billyftar hos Verktygsboden.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I LOVE my MaxJax. Portable, easy to install and lifts enough to do whatever you want.

Wow, the garage looks such a mess in that first pic!!!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
The MaxJax looks like a great piece of kit...wish my garage had that sorta headroom. The Swedish set-up looks interesting as well - assume you crank it up manually ? Must have an Acme screw thread, or similar...wonder if a drill could be used with a special chuck, to speed the process? Interesting thread...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
just don't do it like this.
Tilt Table Car FailVideo

This is how that one you are looking at works

and this one I saw a long time ago

That last one I would think you would have battery acid all over the place.
as well as gearbox oil and break oil and motor oil leaking out all over.

·
Premium Member
15,006 Posts
How much head room do you need for the MaxJax?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
How much head room do you need for the MaxJax?

Depends on the car really. I had to raise up our garage door opener by about 4" to be able to raise our mini cooper up to full height. I have had the Spider, GTV, 944 on it without any trouble.

In the lower pic you can see the spider fits under without changing the door lift. The Mini was higher.

MaxJax Portable Two Post Lifting System by Dannmar

·
Administrator
17,811 Posts
I had to raise up our garage door opener by about 4"...
Another option is a jack shaft door opener. If you have the type of garage door spring that is wound around a horizontal rod above the door header, the opener then mounts to either side of the door instead of hanging down in the middle of the bay. Add high lift tracks (to raise the door closer to the ceiling) to maximize the vertical space.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Being a CHEAP Yankee, I just put the opener up and was happy. If you want the FULL height lift, which I have room for with 14' ceiling, then that is the way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts