Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at Autobooks this Saturday evening (5/31/03) from 6PM to 9PM. They are on Magnolia in Burbank, 1 block east of Hollywood Way. Should be about 50 assorted cars and maybe 1000 people...

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Oooooo, so what kind of car's will be there? What kind of book signing?

And, what's the place called?

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The place is called autobooks

the have car books, magazines, toy cars and all kinds of auto related stuff. There will be about 20 authors there signing their books. Cars will range from antiques to hot rods to sports cars...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm worried about the parking though.

Any idea what authors will show up??

The place is called Autobooks/Aerobooks.

:D

Sniady said:
Oooooo, so what kind of car's will be there? What kind of book signing?

And, what's the place called?

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parking

They are blocking off the side street, the back lot and the lot accross the street.

I think they are still looking for more cars, but I think they have about 50 so far.

I know Randy Leffingwell and Matt Stone are 2 of the authors that will be there...

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Just wanted to bump this thread since its going to be tonight. I'm going to try and make it down there but Im still not 100 percent sure I'll make it. It should be a great event!

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good turnout and good fun...

At leats 500 people showed up, but most of the cars were hot rods. Where were all the Alfa people? (OK, I saw Tina and a couple of others)..

Ran into some people I hadn't seen for years (John Thompson, the writer of many Ferrari books) William Edgar (who is in his 70s; his dad was the west coast Siata, Nardi, and other "etceterini" importer), Keither Martin of the Sports Car Market Letter, Matt Stone the editor of Motor Trend, and on and on..

YOU should have been there!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
yeah it was alot of fun. Alot of people showed up and there was not even one alfa there. That's ok maybee next time, i hope someone will bring one and so will I. can't wait til the next meet.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I managed to sneak away from a B-Day party I was attending and check out the event. Like the others I was bummed that there were no Alfas present. The store is incredible and filled with automotive books. I could have easily spent allot of time and $$$ in there had I not been pressed for time. Well here are a few pictures I snapped.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts