Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now that Laguna Seca has passed, it must be silly-season for the Buttonwillow Enduro! Who are the teams? What cars? What rumors did anyone hear in the pits? Andrew said HE is driving, but he hasn't revealed his co-driver lineup yet.

So? Who is teamed with who, driving what?

I know of a few teams......

·
Registered
167 Posts
I will be driving the #181 1967 Alfa Romeo GTV racecar. I have had alot of trouble with and am going to have a better engine in for the enduro. I will be the sole driver of the car, but will have a pit crew of my father and niece.

Thanks
Richard

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I know I'm supposed to be one of Anthony Rimicci's pit dudes.

That’s about all I know!

Uhhhhh.... does anyone know what’s involved with being a pit guy for the race? I need all the pointers I can get so we can start to formulate our strategy.

Muahahahaahahah!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am hoping my dad will be allowed to be my co-driver. He holds a vara and Hmsa license. He has been racing many year. The problem is that he has a comitment in L.A. Sunday morning. That and I don't know if the black bomb can last two hours on the track. What time is the endro schedule to start and end at? He doesn't want to drive home to late. It is over well before dark so it must start at what 4:30 or 5:00?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, in theory the race should end around 5. Remember that we have never done an enduro, and there is sure to be some glitches. Make sure you call John Cote to get your dad cleared to race. In theory, you have to have an AROSAC race license, but Cote's decision is final.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Teams

Teams I know of for sure:

Greg Nelson/Tony Presto/Dennis Fibrow - Mazda RX7

Paul Ellis/Steve Hamilton - Lola

Kim Nelson/Daryl DeArman - Mazda RX7

Chris Mayring/Phil Guiral - Milano

Art Russel/Marc Hesthal - GTV

Milt Minter/Steve Luftman/David Krueger - Caterham 7

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Whoa - Chris Mayring and Phil driving a Milano? When did they build this? Some details please!

Nizam
one of the Milano boyz (you know who you are!)

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I am doing the Enduro alone in the Italspeed Giulia Spider.

My cousin, Gianfranco Masdea is doing it alone in his GTV.

My dad and his friend Pete are doing the enduro in his GTV.

As excited I was to see my dad enter the enduro, I notcied my ace wrech is gonna be my competition!!?? Simon and Sniady, I am relying on you two!

I will be breaking in a new motor June 6 at Buttonwillow. Anyone else testing that day? I am gonna do a 1/2 day test.

Phil and Chris in a Milano!!??

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
It will be the black Sperry Milano. I chatted with Stuart (Garter) and Frank Moore about this.

One other thing is that those V6 cars are only turning 6500 rpm max, if they have to. Most of the time, it's around 6200 rpm. Low stress. Good chance of winning.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
People tend to forget that they are doing an enduro, not a sprint race. Of course I drive the car hard but I drive it at about 90% most of the race and throw in a good number of laps at 110%. Doing this has brought me lots of luck in past enduros.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Rent

Brad,

Where can I contact the guys who rent the Carterhams (spelling?)......

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rental Caterhams

The Caterhams are available thru Autocourse Inc. All you have to do is show up and drive. They buy the gas, tires, beer, everything. The current hit is $500 for the weekend. You pay for your own entry fee. If you bring a buddy, they knock $100 off. Don't quote me, though. Things are subject to change. I had a blast, and it was way cheaper than bringing my own car.

Tell them I sent you. Here is the contact info. Ask for Will or Virginia.
[email protected]
949-499-3122

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
how do they possibly make money doing this!!?? my friend used to rent his 2002 for way more than that per day and that was just for the car and tires. you had to pay to get the car there, entry, and gas...plus the car if you F#[email protected] it up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Caterham rentals

I guess they make money by having the cars rented for every session, plus they bring 3 cars. I was sharing with 2 other guys at Laguna, so it looks like that car brought in $1,400 ($400 for me, $500 each for the other 2). Multiply by 3.......

It's still a deal. How much gas does your truck/trailer eat to-and-from Laguna? It's a sweet deal, and those cars are fast and fun to drive. BTW, they are charging us $1000 for the Enduro. Still worth it, considering it will have new race rubber, that we should go thru. Steve Luftman/David Krueger/Milt Minter will be driving the other one that is "race legal" in the enduro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The caterham deal sounds really sweet. In fact, I had tried to convince my team members that was the way to go. A set of tires puts us half way there already.

To add to the team member list. Rick Lee will also be driving the Rx7 with Kim and I.

--Daryl DeArman

Anyone looking for another driver? As long as it's not another "o" car...can't be racing against my own teamates.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i am :D and so is gianfranco.

the caterham deal sounds great excpet for i don't like the fact that other people get that car rented in the same weekend. what if they crash, what if they break it. with that out of the way, its a great deal. anyone interested in getting their feet wet in the racing/time trial world should check the cars out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a few more

A few more Enduro teams.......

Craig Goldenson and Rob DeLaMare in a GTV6 (C)

Glenn Bjorkmann in a Fromula Mazda

Jim Ladin/Bob Blizzard in a Mustang

Todd McNall in his Datsun Roadster

Michael Kiadby in a 911

Michael Marshall in a 911

1 - 20 of 66 Posts