Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

What's the best car cover out there for a GTV? Preferably US supply...doesn't need to be all weather. Just something for indoor storage (dust etc.) and washable,

Thx,

Kevin

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've had consistently good experience with covers from Cover Craft: their patterns fit, quality is excellent and the fabircs I've chosen perform long and well.

Here in the South I prefer a light color to deal with the sun (if used outdoors).

The more durable/protective fabrics are thicker (duh) and a bit more "fun" to fold up, though very light weight. They also take up a fair amount of trunk space in our little GT trunks when you're out for a nice Fall weekend in the mountains.

Here's a current link:

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/1967-alfa-romeo-gtv/vehicle-covers/custom-fit-carcovers/

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
California Car Cover. Cotton and flannel. Won't damage the finish. Indoor but they make outdoor also.
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
421 Posts
May I recommend using two lighter weight car covers? Place one over the other.

I started doing this after a shoulder injury.

A nice flannel one against the Alfa's paint and a weatherproof one fitting on top of that. The flannel one never wears out. The weatherproof cost circa $60 and I just have it on schedule to replace it every two years.

It annoyed me that the all-in-one & heavy as hell $300 car covers started looking worn or got a tear after as little as 3 years.

·
Registered
321 Posts
+1 for Covercraft

I've had consistently good experience with covers from Cover Craft: their patterns fit, quality is excellent and the fabircs I've chosen perform long and well.

Here in the South I prefer a light color to deal with the sun (if used outdoors).

Chuck
David O'D, So Cal, and very happy with my Covercraft cover. My previous was shot after 18 months - this one has much better fit, tear resistance. and doesn't blow off in the wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts