Discussion Starter #1
This is an ACTUAL picture taken 2 hours previous to this post CAPTION THIS

Anthony took the picture, while I drove
Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
OK, I'll bite - what kind of car is this anyway?

Here's my caption:

"S-S-S-Sir! Isn't this fast enough for your test drive?" "Nah, I still haven't been able to peg the speedo!"

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cool BMW!!!
How did you get the speedo to register in feet per minute?

(For those mathematically challenged that 2.04 mph)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that myself and anthony can agree that we did not use photoshop to make this picture, it was taken on the 14 south after we had drag raced the car together at LACR in palmdale.

Yes, we actually went to a track without curves.

Richard

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about: We are really strapped to a dyno and wouldn't dream of doing something so stupid on a highway.

The rpm vs speedo would suggest that you'd have to be in 6th gear. Which is too tall to go that fast. Have to use 5th for a top speed run. I am going to assume you switched the speedo to Kph and you are in 4th gear.

Save that stuff for the track. If you say, we can't go that fast on the track just step it up a notch or two exiting T9 and don't brake so early for T1 :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, you almost got me, during start up on most modern cars the speedo as well as the tach go through there full motion. We just happened to be starting up the car and we decided to take a pic.

Richard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Glad to hear it!!

Anthony really disappointed me when he made a comment a while back about enjoying NASCRAP!! And then this....I thought WOW!! He gets to race sooooo much and goes and does a stunt like this and on top of it he admits he actually likes watching big ol' crapwagons go round and round....

--Daryl DeArman

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
ha ha ha, stay tuned for more pranks, although i have been known to travel at those speeds in the past in the early morning hours.

after this weekend, i have been exposed to all racing within three days. hey, i did all three. friday night at lacr drag strip with the ZO6, and sunday on ca speedway's banked oval as well as the road course again with the Z06.

you bet i will be at the drag strip again (with my truck), both nascar races at ca speedway next season, and a whole assortment of vintage races next year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts