Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Here's the current calendar. I will try and keep it updated as the year progresses:

April

7 - Monthly Meeting (Pulcinella's Restaurant in McLean, VA - 7PM dinner, 8PM meeting)
18-20 - Giro Di Campagna (Lexington, VA area) (run by BB member D&SW) & possible Hook-Up with Mid-Atlantic AROC Wine Tour
27 - Raduno Primavera (All Italian Car Tour)

May

5 - Monthly Meeting at Stella Note in Ellicott City, MD
10 - Spring Fling (Randy Grant's home)
11 - Turkish Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
18 - Towson Car Show (Bert Straus)
25 - Monte Carlo Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)

June

1 - Stahlman Swap Meet in York, PA
2 - Monthly Meeting at Vicino's in Silver Spring, MD
6-8 - VIR Gold Cup Vintage Races & Driving School (Danville, VA)
8 - Canadian Grand Prix Afternoon Party (TBC)
15 - Head House Square Concorso in Philadelphia, PA
18-22 - AROC Annual National Convention - Chicago, IL (pre-convention Fangio Tour from 15-17 June)
22 - French Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)

July

6 - British Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
7 - Monthly Meeting (Location TBA - VA)
19 - Pittsburgh Grand Prix at Shenley Park in Pittsburgh, PA
20 - German Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)

August

3 - Hungarian Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
4 - Monthly Meeting (Location TBA - MD)
16 - Veni, Vidi, Veloce Tech Session & Concorso (Charlie Drake's Home)
24 - European Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)

September

5-7 - Radnor Hunt Concours - Radnor Hunt PA
7 - Belgian Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
14 - Italian Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
20 - Annual September Party at the Mellor's Home
28 - Singapore Grand Prix Party (TBC)

October

6 - Monthly Meeting at Vicino's in Silver Spring, MD)
11 - Little Italy Concorso in Baltimore, MD
12 - Japanese Grand Prix Party (TBC)
18 - Rockville Car Show
19 - Chinese Grand Prix Party (TBC)

November

1 - Fall Colors Tour (TBA)
2 - Brazilian Grand Prix Brunch (TBC)
3 - Monthly Meeting (Location TBA - VA)

December

6 - Holiday Party (location TBA)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:eek:You guys keep busy - good for you:cool:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Alex,
You may want to update your calendar, with the national convention "Fangio" tour, which takes place June 15-17. Also note that the convention starts on Wednesday, June 18, with the BoD meeting, and the welcome party that evening...

Best regards,
Enrique

P.S. I do plan to make some of your activities. :D

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex,
You may want to update your calendar, with the national convention "Fangio" tour, which takes place June 15-17. Also note that the convention starts on Wednesday, June 18, with the BoD meeting, and the welcome party that evening...

Best regards,
Enrique

P.S. I do plan to make some of your activities. :D
Thanks Enrique! I appreciate your input. I'll update the calendar after our next meeting on the 10th and add your input as well.

Of course you are welcome to join us for ANY events! Kathleen and I would love to see you again at one of our little Formula One Breakfasts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please give more info on the Mid Atlantic club wine tour hookup. And the Pittsburgh GP. Time is running out especially for the wine tour. Thanx

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. I am not sure if you are a member of the Capital Chapter AROC or not Mr. FRBL-XL5, or even if you live in the area. However, all the information we have is provided in our monthly newsletters called 'Alfantics'. This publication is a part of the chapter benefits, and is available online for members. Please consider becoming a member of AROC and our chapter if you live nearby. I would appreciate it if you would put more info in your signature, like a name and where you hail from, as that will let folks know that you aren't just some 10 year-old from Lower Butt Wipe, Malaysia or something. Last point - if you ever need the details of any upcoming event, just e-mail or call me. My signature has all the information you need. I have nothing to hide and Im pretty friendly.

Regarding the Pittsburgh GP, information on that event is readily available online at Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association. That would give you the best updated info. Our club is participating by attending. Some of our members have registered for the Concours and we are encouraging all members to attend.

Our 'Giro di Campagna' tour should hook up with MAARC at some point along the route. I dont have all the details, but you can contact the individual who is running the event.

Here is a write-up about the event:

Giro di Campagna

Weekend in the Countryside - Lexington VA April 18 - 20

Reservations are now being accepted and we anticipate the limited number of slots will be taken quickly. This year’s trip promises to be every bit as much driving fun and as gastronomically satisfying as last year’s. We are also sponsoring another Alfa Fun Photo Competition and hope that everyone will bring their cameras and participate.
Situated approximately 3 hours from DC, the Lexington-Staunton area presents some of the finest Alfa roads and most inspiring pastoral scenery available in the mid-Atlantic area. This event emphasizes Alfa-style touring, good food and good times. Each driving segment will span approximately 1 - 1 1/4 hours and there will be ample breaks. Meal tabs will be done by couple enabling everyone to indulge according to their own tastes and interests.
The weekend begins on Friday April 18, leaving the DC area at 2:00 p.m. for a direct trip on interstates to Lexington. A group dinner is scheduled for that evening at a bistro in Lexington. Alternatively you can plan your own
itinerary and meet the group on Friday night or join it at 8:30 on Saturday morning when we assemble to begin the tour.
Lexington and Staunton have old-fashioned town centers with interesting shops, restaurants and coffee spots, so on Saturday we’ll have a 2 1/2 hr mid day break, long enough to enjoy a leisurely lunch and do a bit of self-directed touring on foot in Staunton. Within easy walking distance are an antique and vintage car dealer and an assortment of interesting diversions: galleries, clothing, antique and book stores and other assorted shops. Following the afternoon drive, we’ll be back in Lexington in time to enjoy its offerings before dinner.
We have reserved a block of rooms with an excellent price break at the charming Maple Hall Country Inn which provides an excellent staging site for the tour.

Rooms with 1 queen or 2 twin beds are $ 105. per night (regularly $ 145.00) .
Suites, with queen bed and sitting room with sofa are available at $ 135. (reg.$175.00).
ROOM RESERVATIONS: All room reservations must be made directly with the property. Rooms/suites at Maple Hall will only be held until March 30. Reservations & information on Maple Hall: Historic Country Inns Of Lexington, 3 unique midprice Inns
Telephone 877 283 9680
RIDE RESERVATIONS: Please email David Wase [email protected] as soon as possible, but no later than March 20 to register for the event.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just updated the chapter calendar. Note that our monthly meeting is tonight.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Updated Calendar...have a look!

June

1 - Annual Swap Meet at Stahlman's in York, PA
2 - Monthly Meeting at Vicino's in Silver Spring, MD
6-8 - VIR Gold Cup Vintage Races & Driving School (Danville, VA) (Wings and Wheels)
8 - Head House Square Concorso in Philadelphia, PA - details at: Welcome to the Frontpage
18-22 - AROC Annual National Convention - Chicago, IL (pre-convention Fangio Tour from 15-17 June)
20-23 - Le Belle Macchine d'Italia - Poconos, PA

July

6 - British Grand Prix Breakfast in Timonium - e-mail Alex Csank for details
7 - Monthly Meeting (Location TBA - VA)
19-20 - Pittsburgh Grand Prix at Shenley Park in Pittsburgh, PA
20 - German Grand Prix Breakfast - e-mail Alex Csank for details

August

3 - Hungarian Grand Prix Breakfast - e-mail Alex Csank for details
4 - Monthly Meeting (Location TBA - MD)
16 - Veni, Vidi, Veloce Tech Session & Concorso (Charlie Drake's Home)
24 - European Grand Prix Breakfast - e-mail Alex Csank for details

September

5-7 - Radnor Hunt Concours - Radnor Hunt PA
7 - Belgian Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
14 - Italian Grand Prix Breakfast (TBC)
20 - Annual September Party at the Mellor's Home
28 - Singapore Grand Prix Party (TBC)

October

6 - Monthly Meeting at Vicino's in Silver Spring, MD)
11 - Little Italy Concorso in Baltimore, MD
12 - Japanese Grand Prix Party (TBC)
18 - Rockville Car Show
19 - Chinese Grand Prix Party (TBC)

November

1 - Fall Colors Tour (TBA)
2 - Brazilian Grand Prix Brunch (TBC)
3 - Monthly Meeting (Location TBA - VA)

December

6 - Holiday Party (location TBA)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts