Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this problem before and it went away, but it is back again. Whenever I click on the second or subsequent pages in a post, it always reverts back to the first page after a second or two.

It does this in both Firefox and Safari when running my Mac in Mac mode, and when running Firefox and IE when running Windows under Parallels, so it does not appear to be related to my OS or Browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Interesting. There could be a number of problems ranging from corrupt cookies to antivirus software to Java engine to ISP to network timeouts). Let's start with some diagnostics:

1. Corrupt Cookie: Log out of AlfaBB and then login again. This clears the cookie that remembers your session status and creates a completely new one. See if this clears the issue.

2. URL changes: When you do a mouse-over a link, Firefox shows you the target URLs at the bottom left of the window. In the case of AlfaBB page numbers, the first page shows only the thread (e.g. "168675-numbered-picture-thread.html"), but each following page has a clear identifier (e.g. "168675-numbered-picture-thread-2.html" for the 2nd page, "168675-numbered-picture-thread-3.html" for the 3rd page, etc.). Check if these URLs change.

3. Paste URL in new window: If the URLs change as described above, right-click on the URL of a subsequent page and copy the link location. Open a new browser window and paste the URL into the address bar. Does the proper page show up? How long does it take to load? Does it also revert to the page previously shown?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Suggestions

I tried the following, (Please realize that I normally log in using a Mac Intel and Firefox 5.0.

When I mouse over the link for page 2, it shows up in the lower left corner correctly. But how can I copy and paste this into a new window? As soon as I move the mouse from the page 2 icon, I lose the link. I also tried this running Parallels 6.0 in Windows mode and have the same problem. I guess I could add the -2 in the browser link, but it seems a bit of a "work around" to do something that should work seamlessly.

Thanks for the input again!

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
In Firefox on a Windows PC, when you right-click on a link, a drop-down menu appears where you can select "Copy Link Location" -- I don't know how you would do that on a Mac.

With respect to adding the "-2" to the link, this is still worthwhile for testing: The start of page 2 should correspond with the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" setting in the Edit Options section of the User Control Panel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts