Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao all
My 91 S4 was sold to it's first owner from a dealership in the Toronto area and I was wondering if there were any differences with Spiders exported to Canada rather than The U.S. Or were they all exported from Italy to the U.S. and then to Canada. I ask because I've seen a few U.S.A. versions and they all have airbags whereas those that were sold in Canada don't.

Attachments

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
My S4 has airbags and it was brought from Italy to BC. It is a Veloce though, maybe that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
According to the Chris Rees "Original Alfa Romeo Spider" the 91 came in two versions the "Spider" and the "Spider Veloce" you appear to have the "Spider" with the optional alloy wheels 14". The steering wheel mounted airbag was standard in the "Spider Veloce" only it came with 15" "phonedial" alloy wheels.

Mechanically the two versions were identical. You should have bilingual stickers/literature and speedo in Kmph and Km odometer. Canadian arrival for Alfa's from Italia was in Rexdale Ontario.

Have you posted this question on the AlfaBB Toronto forum?

Ciao, Ing. Comello
"Donne e motori, gioie e dolori!"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed, my S4 is not a Veloce. The listed diff between the two was
14's vs 15's
canvas vs vynyl top
leather vs synthetic seats
and the padded top boot
I'll therefore add airbags to the veloce option.
Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 92 S4 did have driver side airbag, but I removed to install my Nardi wheel
It is not a Veloce, so it as 14" Cromo wheels, Vinyl top, and mine was missing the top boot cover, so I do not know what actually came with it, and trunk carpet located at the rear part doesn't carry the Alfa logo of the Veloce
Speedo is in KH and all other gauges are in Metric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many enthusiasts prefer the cromodoras, they have that je ne sais quoi look.
If you have to get a top boot look into the padded version, it has a better finish than the regular boot.
If you need work done call Sylvestre Nardone in Montreal North
Ciao

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks Saracino
I will be meeting with Sylvestre in a few weeks to get some work done

Have a good long weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts