Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am in London Ontario Canada and am in the process of restoring my 73 GTV , the car was purchased about 7 years ago and stripped down for a complete restoration .... then life happened (all positive) .... so without going into further details I am now able to dedicate the time needed to get back to the task at hand . I had been posting a few pics when I signed up to the Alfabb and have decided to start a new thread just for the resto , I will try and get pics up as soon as I can but still trying to figure out how to upload photos , the first couple of photos are as purchased , cheers ! Sean.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spent a couple of weekends modifying my rotisserie as I need to do some work around the rear bumper attach point and the trunk floor (witch the rotisserie was attached to) , made fixtures to attach to the rear suspension attach point and the engine mount points at the front , worked out well and very secure.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,137 Posts
Good work.

Glad your door still fits well ... I was too chicken to cut the guts out of my shell without reinforcing the shell first, but then I replaced floor, inner and outer chassis rails.

Pete

·
Administrator
12,137 Posts
Apologies if you already know this, but door fitment is a nightmare on these Alfas. It is vital that the doors are trial fitted INCLUDING the (new) door seals before the rocker/sills are welded in, otherwise you will have a disaster assembly issue with the doors not closing properly.

Pete

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pete , I appreciate any advice , I luckily didn't have to disturb the inner or middle rocker on this side so the location of the door seal hasn't changed from original and I did re-install the door before welding the outer rocker panel in place . At that point I made sure the bottom door gap was perfect (well as perfect as I could get it) and later I will be doing metal work to the bottom of the door at which time I can fine tune the door gap all the way around with some grinding and welding. I will be doing a middle and outer rocker replacement on the drivers side at which point I would love all the advice I can get . Stay tuned !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Frank , It's a labour of love and you have to love it as everyone I know thinks I'm nuts , hope to have it on the road next summer !

·
Administrator
12,137 Posts
Wow! Looking real good

Pete

1 - 20 of 71 Posts