Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know, it's insane. There was another one that had $14500 for "buy it now". Neither of them were any better than mine, which cost me less than two grand to buy, plus about another two grand that I've put into it since.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I like how nice the dash mat fits - that alone is worth the price.

"These are very rare cars to come on sale". Yep - there's only 20 more on Ebay right now......

·
Registered
187 Posts
An Alpha Romeo Parinfarina... Now that's a rare car! I suppose that the rest of you must be really jealous with your run-of-the-mill Alfas, but that's no reason to be so sarcastic! ;>

Andre

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Wow, I hope the seller gets that amount. That means our cars instantly go up in value, just like the price of gasoline in the underground tank goes up when OPEC raises their prices- supply and demand.

·
Registered
125 Posts
lgbalfa there seems to be something a little fishy about that car. I didn't think that the A/C and remote mirrors were options for Graduates. Also, he shows pictures with 2 different sets of wheels. One set of after market rims and another with phone dials (which I also don't think came on Graduates). You would have had to get a Veloce or Quad to have those options, no?

Not that I'm buying another car anyways, but I don't think I'm buying the sellers rap about original mileage, no titles, etc.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I didn't think that the A/C and remote mirrors were options for Graduates. Also, he shows pictures with 2 different sets of wheels. One set of after market rims and another with phone dials (which I also don't think came on Graduates). You would have had to get a Veloce or Quad to have those options, no?
- Dual power side mirrors of one type or another were standard on all three Spider trim levels for model year 1987-90.

- The AC was indeed an option for the Graduate.

- The "Phonedials" you see in the pics are actually wheel covers, not the wheels themselves. The Phonedial-style wheel covers were standard on Graduates from 1988 on.

Check out my earlier post on a similar topic here where I posted a spec sheet from a 1987 Spider brochure.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
While most people think that Spiders values are well below $10k, there are Spiders that sell well above this. If you search this BB, you will also find that this is not necessarily a new trend. Of course, these are cars that have been well cared for and are in good shape.

Best regards,

·
Registered
112 Posts
did he replace the steering-wheel and rims for the photo session ?? one shows the stock steering-wheel, the other shows the nardi... and then there are the phone dial hub-caps and then some aftermarket alloys. weird ! the car looks messed with.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah - definitely SHOULD be worth $18k, just that it isn't.....
I contacted the 'broker' for this car and he actually emailed me back.That was on the FIRST day of posting...As of today-no changes/no bids.
I stated that in MY opinion that if the owner was SERIOUS about selling this auto; $15K is the WRONG place to start. It MAY be nice/it MAY be worth it
[to whom I know not] BUT it will never go anywhere with a starting bid of
$15K. Even IF he were to start at a lower figure; I'd bet he'd NEVER get to his asking price.(maybe in 2-3yrs). As much as I would love for him to get it; and yes, a few do, but not this one.
Just my opinion...Ed K.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts