Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the sunroof seal is a common failure. I imagine some or all of you have had to fix yours.

There's a car I'm looking at with this problem, and I'd have to find a solution.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
They're not to difficult...you don't have to remove the sunroof or anything like that...pull the old one off and put the new one on. You may have to remove the gray trim piece to get at it. You have to move the sunroof back and forth a few times to get it in the right location to reach it all.
The OEM seals are NLA, but Jason has an aftermarket one that doesn't have the felt. Some people have complained that the sunroof won't close properly with it. I sprayed mine really well with silicon before installing it. My sun roof was marginal when closing. I decided to not use it for a summer to let the rubber take shape. That was 2 summers ago:) I really don't use the sunroof and only changed the seal to reduce road noise, which it did.

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Maybe because I only tilt the sunroof up at the back, never bothering to retract it back, the sunroof seal in my 91S appears to be almost as fit as it was when new. Same for the one in the LS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts