Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this car over the weekend. A friend was cleaning out a garage and wanted this gone. I took it as a project car. The badges are missing, but I am guessing it is an Alfetta. The VIN plate says it is a 1979. That is about all I know.

Can you please let me know what I have? What is it worth? Is it worth fixing? What did it sell for new?

I tried to start it today (no luck). I removed the starter and it works fine, but I could not spin the fly-wheel. The clutch is non-existant (goes right to the floor).

The body is in pretty good shape (very little rust).

It had been sitting since 1991 in a garage, but I was told it DID run when it was parked...so I am guessing it will start. I am going to try to get the clutch bled and try to compression start it (or at least get the engine to turn).

Can anyone help me understand what I have?

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I recommend putting a link to this post in the Alfetta forum. You'll probably get more responses to your questions from owners of that model.

·
Registered
285 Posts
It is an Alfetta GT, also known as the Sprint. Sold new for about 8K. Wonderful design that became the GTV6 when they put in the 6 cyl engine, but held onto a fairly unique suspension system. Very fun to drive.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Technically, it's a 1979 Sprint Veloce - they dropped the Alfetta moniker in '78 in the U.S., but those in the know, still call them Alfettas...
Looks like you got a fully optioned model, Campys, sunroof with leather interior. :) It's missing the "Sprint Veloce" badge that was in front of the rub strip ahead of the door., It could also use a bath ;)
To those of us who love these cars - it's definitely worth fixing, other's will tell you that they're worthless and you'll never get back what you put into it. Depends on your perspective...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.

I actually found the Sprint Veloce badge in the car, so I have that. I did wash it and polished it up this weekend, it actually looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sorry to tell you but it's a worthless POS. You would be doing yourself a favor to get rid of it NOW! You usually have to pay someone to take them....but seein' as your new to all this I will volunteer to pick it up and haul it away for FREE. It won't be the first time that FREE Alfetta's have changed hands, that's why you have it right!?

Where are you and what would be a good time to pick it up??

:D:D :rolleyes::rolleyes: :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
206 Posts
If it still has the injection system on it do yourself a favor and spend some time on the Injection forum before trying to start it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts