Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have just received a new alarm system for my car, and I am having problems finding out how and where these cables should go.

Let’s start with the first. It says it’s the “main starting jack” I would guess they mean the ignition lock wires? And please correct me if I am wrong which I will be. Here it says:

Main line (Red cable: +12V)
A think line from a key box. (+) battery power for a car.
- Black/red: When trunk output is (+), it is connected to trunk open power (black/red) of a 5P jack. When it is not used, it is finished with tie and tape to prevent a short.

So here I understand that the red thick wire is going from the alarm box to the + 12v of the battery of the car right?

IG1 (Green cable)
When a key is on, it is used to providing (+) battery power. While a start motor is on, it keeps providing power. It provides power for over all starting lines and manages a front dashboard.

So here you connect this cable to the brown wire on the ignition lock cable which is for the engine systems?

IG2 (White cable)
When a key is on, it is used to providing (+) battery power. However, when a start motor is on, it is shut down. It is a supplementary power line for a heater, an air-conditioner, and a radiator. When a start motor is on, a heater, an air-conditioner, and radiator come to a halt

So this goes to the pink cable on the ignition lock cable, which is for the dashboard lights, air-conditioner unit, and lights?

Start (Yellow cable)
When a key is on, it is used to providing (+) battery power (When (+) battery power is provided, it runs a start motor). *For an automatic car, it must be checked whatever a car is remotely start-up when its gear is other than “P” or “N”. (It must not be connected to a wire coming from a start cut relays.)

So this goes to the black or purple cable on the ignition lock cable, which is for the start system?

Earth (Black cable)
(-) battery power. It is very important for the operation of an alarm. When it is not well connected, it can cause malfunction. It must be fixed to car’s bolt and its installation must be checked with a multi-tester.

So this one I am very sure is for the earth -.

There is also many other connection that I probably will need some kind of help to. But lets just take 1 at the time :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have managed to find out which wire goes where for this one :D
I managed to find another manual that was like --- this better, not much but it gave me an idea how to measure out which goes where.

1. goes to the + on the battery for constant power

2. goes to the green cable on the ignition lock.

3. goes to the blue/black cable on the ignition lock.

4. goes to the black cable on the ignition lock.

5. is for ground - on the car.

The blue cable was an option only for mercedes benz vehicles that have some kind of vacum hose underneth the key ignition harness.

So far so good!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok this is going very well so far. But can someone tell me where i can locate the "main" connection point for the door sensors? Something needs to be connected to this to sense if someone gets into the car when the alarm is on. Same is for the trunk sensor. Where does this wire go to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts