Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to know what the radius is for the sill/rocker panel please. See red arrow.

Thanks
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would someone measure that?
I'm happy to help as my GT still has all it original rockers.
Good question.

My suggestion is to make a cardboard cutout that matches the sill/rocker perfectly and then you can trace the cardboard cutout on to a piece of paper and measure the radius.
Pete

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Is this at the back of the car ?
I have a repro rear arch panel which "should" fit onto that flange.. Want me to trace/scan it for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can do a cardboard cut out and post it to you,what part of the rocker? Rear front to middle
Middle will be fine thanks :)

Craig, I actually have a repair panel like that, but made 20+ years ago and the curve does not look right to me ... but maybe they are better now. So yes if not too much trouble if you could measure that radius and then I'll compare and think :D

I'm thinking it is about 20mm's
Pete

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Er, maybe 10mm's
Pete

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Middle will be fine thanks :)

Craig, I actually have a repair panel like that, but made 20+ years ago and the curve does not look right to me ... but maybe they are better now. So yes if not too much trouble if you could measure that radius and then I'll compare and think :D

I'm thinking it is about 20mm's
Pete
I need to dig it out, will check on the w'end

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Pete

Good photo of my car.
Why have not you asked me, I would have measured shortly at the moment this is not possible

The radius obtained with the amount, the repair blade must be set.

Saluti
Marcel

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Pete

Good photo of my car.
Why have not you asked me, I would have measured shortly at the moment this is not possible

The radius obtained with the amount, the repair blade must be set.

Saluti
Marcel
Yes best photo of how the bottom of the sill/rocker should look :)
I'm up to this point now ... but have some door gapping work to do first.
Pete

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sorry Pete, didn't get a chance to even look at the GTV over the weekend - had to change a waterpump in the wife's evil car. (Who the heck designs a car you have to remover parts for 3 hours to get to the water pump? And then gives it 3 cam belts? seruiously!).
Will try to get at it tonight.

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry Pete, didn't get a chance to even look at the GTV over the weekend - had to change a waterpump in the wife's evil car. (Who the heck designs a car you have to remover parts for 3 hours to get to the water pump? And then gives it 3 cam belts? seruiously!).
Will try to get at it tonight.
Let me guess it is a Toyota Corolla? ... no it cannot be as you have mentioned many more cam belts than a Corolla would have.

I did a water pump on my step sons Corolla once and I was thorough p!ssed off that there is this water pipe that runs along the back of the engine which has a single bolt holding it in place. Because of that bolt I ended up with a huge number of parts littering our front lawn just so I could gain access to it. I had neighbours and family members wondering if I would ever get it back together again :scared: :D
Pete

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Let me guess it is a Toyota Corolla? ... no it cannot be as you have mentioned many more cam belts than a Corolla would have.

I did a water pump on my step sons Corolla once and I was thorough p!ssed off that there is this water pipe that runs along the back of the engine which has a single bolt holding it in place. Because of that bolt I ended up with a huge number of parts littering our front lawn just so I could gain access to it. I had neighbours and family members wondering if I would ever get it back together again :scared: :D
Pete
Rover 75 v6.
Have to remove the PS pump, Alternator, AC compressor (have to remove the oil cooler and dipstick tube to unbolt this!), the right hand side engine mounts, and the 3 huge castings that function as a timing belt cover and engine mount.... real pain of a job - you then have to fight the front cambelt back on after replacing the water pump (it's spun off the back of the cambelt).
Didn't get a chance last night either.

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Pete

Have a Genuine NOS siill here

Come and take some measurements from it.

You know where I am

Robert
Heck Robert, I missed your post. If I get time I'll come over. Have to plan a family outing over your way :D

Ran out of welding gas this weekend ... :angry: ... so that put a spanner in the works
Pete

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Correcting a mistake I made ~20 years ago ... radiusing the sill bottom corner. 1/2 the length done today. All metal, but lots more to do including finishing off the spot weld return/area properly ...
Pete

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts