Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the fuel line and I have a full tank.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
I want to replace the fuel line and I have a full tank.
Uh.. only if the fuel level is below the banjo assembly. Actually, there is a internal line inside that goes between the external banjo assembly and to somewhere near the bottom of the tank. Loosen the banjo bolt slowly and watch for leak. Should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,338 Posts
Uh.. only if the fuel level is below the banjo assembly. ....Loosen the banjo bolt slowly and watch for leak. Should be fine.
Well, he said his tank is full, so I'm not so sure it will be "fine". I'd put a big catch basin under it. Or siphon half of the fuel out of the tank. Or park the car on a steep hill facing up.

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Don't light a match.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't plan on smoking either, thanks guys!

·
Registered
816 Posts
The banjo outlet is halfway down the tank. The weight of the fuel above the banjo will probably push out several gallons, until the level is down to the opening. You indicate a Veloce, so you can use the electric pump to pump several gallons out into a can. Take the hose off the fuel bowl, add a few feet of hose and turn on the key. We do it all the time. Obviously don't smoke or walk away and leave it pumping.
KG

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
use the electric pump to pump several gallons out into a can. Take the hose off the fuel bowl, add a few feet of hose and turn on the key. We do it all the time.
Like I said... only if the fuel level is below the banjo assembly. The fuel pump process works well, or just take a nice long drive to lower the fuel level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts