Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this car over the weekend. A friend was cleaning out a garage and wanted this gone. I took it as a project car. The badges are missing, but I am guessing it is an Alfetta. The VIN plate says it is a 1979. That is about all I know.

Can you please let me know what I have? What is it worth? Is it worth fixing? What did it sell for new?

I tried to start it today (no luck). I removed the starter and it works fine, but I could not spin the fly-wheel. The clutch is non-existant (goes right to the floor).

The body is in pretty good shape (very little rust).

It had been sitting since 1991 in a garage, but I was told it DID run when it was parked...so I am guessing it will start. I am going to try to get the clutch bled and try to compression start it (or at least get the engine to turn).

Can anyone help me understand what I have?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
What you have is an Alfetta GTV, or Sprint Veloce as they were called in the USA, so depends on where you are. They are not worth an awful lot of money, but in my opinion they are very nice cars and definitely worth fixing up, especially if you don't have a ton of rust to deal with, like in your case. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
This is the Amecian version of the Alfetta GTV, called Sprint Veloce in the States. It actually looked like the European Alfetta GT. Price in ´79 was 9395 $ east coast. What differed from the European 1.8 GT with carburettors(and 122Hp), was 2L engine with Spica injection and 111 Hp. and catalytic converter. And of course US spec bumpers. Your car looks very nice considering the circumstances. Always nice to save such a special car!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You lucky bastard. Red on black, solid looking Alfetta GTV with some pretty nice wheels for free? Wish it were me.

Have you removed it from the garage and cleaned it up yet? You should take some pics and share with the group.

Whereabouts are you located?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Iap

I will assume you don't have an International catalog. There is a breakdown, by serial/series # in the middle. Post the first part of your vin (116xxx), and someone can figure out exactly (or close anyhow) what you have. That's if you want to know more, ' cause it is indeed an Alfetta...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sorry to tell you but it's a worthless POS. You would be doing yourself a favor to get rid of it NOW! You usually have to pay someone to take them....but seein' as your new to all this I will volunteer to pick it up and haul it away for FREE. It won't be the first time that FREE Alfetta's have changed hands, that's why you have it right!?

Where are you and what would be a good time to pick it up??

:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Sorry to tell you but it's a worthless POS. You would be doing yourself a favor to get rid of it NOW! You usually have to pay someone to take them....but seein' as your new to all this I will volunteer to pick it up and haul it away for FREE. It won't be the first time that FREE Alfetta's have changed hands, that's why you have it right!?

Where are you and what would be a good time to pick it up??

:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Careful about revealing your location to Mark "fetta78" he will walk off with anything not nailed down! ;) :D:D
You might want to invest in a rubber snake to put on the passenger seat, it'll scare away birds, rodents, and Mark. :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You might want to invest in a rubber snake to put on the passenger seat, it'll scare away birds, rodents, and Mark. :D:D:D
I haven't been back in MadMax since the snake attack........:eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
He's fibbin'...

He wouldn't stay away from that 'Fetta that long. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts