Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it Italian? Is it affordable? Can I have it?:D

I've had a bunch of people ask me about these pictures, this was spotted Saturday at the Convention Concours and I have no idea what it is??

Anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
From the first pic I was thinking it was Lambo Gallardo based but seeing the center seating position in pic two I take that back. No clue...

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Can Anyone Identify This Car....?

Is it Italian? Is it affordable? Can I have it?:D

I've had a bunch of people ask me about these pictures, this was spotted Saturday at the Convention Concours and I have no idea what it is??

Anyone?
Is that the same car that was sitting on the opposite side of the "new" Alfa Spider on Sunday at Meadowbrook, meaning across the brick path and next to the last one in at the far end just after passing through the gate to left of the circle drive in front of Meadowbrook Hall? If it's the one I'm thinking of the black "V" in the front of the hood is actually indented or scooped away and I stopped and read the badge because it was so different. Unfortunately, all I remember is a there was a word before or above the word "Spyder." Not much help, I'm sorry. But maybe it will jog someone else's memory that stopped and looked or took pictures.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I'm not so sure about that having a central driver's seat. I think the camera angle distorts the actual LHD in what has to be a tiny cabin.
Though the badge is not familiar and appears to be all wrong for a Pagani, the general wedge shape bears a similarity to their products.
If it were, it would be made in Italia and not affordable, unless half a million U$D is chump-change for you.
Or
It could be a new Acura NSX.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Only badging on that car was Aa on the nose and 32 valve Northstar on the rear. No idea as to what it is. Bore Michigan manufacturer's plates. Got more pics of that.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Can Anyone Identify This Car....?

JohnM said:
Only badging on that car was Aa on the nose and 32 valve Northstar on the rear. No idea as to what it is. Bore Michigan manufacturer's plates. Got more pics of that.
Must be a Cadillac!
Is this the same basic car, although it has the Cadillac crest on the nose and significant different styling? I agree Northstar is associated with Cadillac. I tried searching GEM and prototype and also the badge designation and the Northstar but didn't find anything. Found this, obviously, by searching Cadillac prototype.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
"Northstar" is just an engine name - not an actual model name.

To be brutally honest, it looks like someone with access to a CAD program and composite-fibre bodyshell manufacturing facility has had a crack at making their own, home-brand supercar.

Keep trying.

·
Registered
123 Posts
actually i've been in that car before.....and i know the owner. It's a local Detroit guy who used to work for GM. He started the car as a project, and built it from scratch! he got a Northstar V8 from Cadillac, and the whole thing is carbon fibre....with an automatic transmission.....i never really asked him WHY he put an automatic in it...but oh well.

the car is pretty interesting...the interior is very "homemade" looking, but it's VERY low and compact, and pretty quick.....it's a one off.

if you live in Detroit, go to Autozone @ Woodward Ave. on saturday mornings and you'll often see it parked there for the coffee and croissants meet-up.

cheers!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Almost a kit car then, except it wasn't built from a kit but from scratch, pretty amazing effort.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actually i've been in that car before.....and i know the owner. It's a local Detroit guy who used to work for GM. He started the car as a project, and built it from scratch! he got a Northstar V8 from Cadillac, and the whole thing is carbon fibre....with an automatic transmission.....i never really asked him WHY he put an automatic in it...but oh well.

the car is pretty interesting...the interior is very "homemade" looking, but it's VERY low and compact, and pretty quick.....it's a one off.

if you live in Detroit, go to Autozone @ Woodward Ave. on saturday mornings and you'll often see it parked there for the coffee and croissants meet-up.

cheers!
No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere else!!

Thanks for the info, I love the looks of it..........:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts