Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a set of cams I call my "Mystery" cams that came with a head I bought. Along with a few years accumulation of other Race and Alfa parts.

Here is the link.

gregsagfg | eBay

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I listed some more of my parts / stuff hoard. Tomorrow will be listing a huge amount of ABS parts as well.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it Thanks.

I will be listing some more parts tonight.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cams just sold to the guy who bought the Headers.

I have another set of nearly the exact same grind which I will list tomorrow. I believe they also have the tappets with them.

I will be listing more Alfa parts tomorrow as well.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just put up the other set of Cams & some other parts.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The original set of cams I was selling are back, along with the Headers I was selling. The shipping to France was crazy expensive so the buyer of both backed out.

They sold for the asking price of $190.

Here is the Original text.

Alfa Romeo Performance camshafts with Tappets: These cams came in a head I bought and I never used them. I am selling them with the tappets that came with them which are marked for location. I think the duration is about 240 degrees at .050” lift and the lift is about .43” or 11mm. don’t ask me how hot they are because I never ran them.

You also get the sprockets, what a deal.

I think these are about the same as AR 111.272S or C&B47 cams. But that’s a guess. They are not regrinds but made from billet.

I am also selling other Alfa Romeo parts.

The unit is located at Zip code 11733. Shipping is by UPS only.. Fixed shipping at $14. Payment by PayPal or cashier’s check. If you pick up the item you may pay cash. Take a look at the bottom of the listing; I will be posting any questions and answers. This item will ship only to buyers in the continental United States.

The headers: GTA style.
Alfa Romeo Exhaust Headers: These came off my 1972 Berlina. I don’t know who made them.

They are cracked as the pictures show and also need to be trimmed and a merge welded onto them. So I hope you or your friends are handy with a welder. They seem to be coated with something high temp. But seriously these need a lot of work to fix properly so don’t bid if your not up to it. Want do you want for opening bid of $35?

Update: These are AR 11.1272 cams marked with the number 309 on the ends. Smaller base circle so they should install OK without notching tappet bores.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Update 12-25 Merry Christmas

Hi, Are the Cams and or Headers still available. Package deal on both? Can you post or send pics of the Headers. No pics come-up on eighter. Bob in Oregon [email protected]

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas. The Headers and the cams are still available.

I am in Denmark right now and will return to the States the first week of January. I am going to take new pictures of the cams and post them here when I get back. But the cams are the "309" cams.

Here are some pictures of the headers. I believe they are like a GTA design and are relatively small tubes. As I said in the eBay listing, They need work. there is a crack, the merge is missing and there are a few dents. They seem to be coated with a heat resistant coating.

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cams are sold.

Headers are still available.
Header info: Primary 1.5”O.D. x 1.37” ID 16” long, Secondary 1.87” ID. Layout (1 to 4) (2 to 3)

Greg

·
Registered
957 Posts
Headers still available?
If yes, price?

I need to modify a set for use on my engine test stand.
Since these are already a bit rough they would be fine for my purpose.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes the headers are still available. PM me a delivery address and I will figure shipping to you.

I need these to go so I will sell them at $160. Let me know if that fits.

Greg

·
Registered
957 Posts
NY to NV will probably be high as they are bulky, 89410 commercial address.
Price is higher than expected since they are a bit rough.
Negotiable?

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about I pickup the shipping? I think they are a good value compared to the POS I see on eBay.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somebody, buy these things.

$160 for a pair of pretty rough headers, free shipping.

A set of Paul's headers are about $850 for the coated versions nowadays, so with a little work you've got a great deal here.

Greg

·
Registered
957 Posts
I ended up modifying a fairly nice set for my purpose.
Hopefully I've done it in a manner that will allow me to restore them to original later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts