Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of camshafts in my '80 Spider that are stamped AR.105.270S. On the build sheet of the engine from 15 years ago they are listed as AL-5441. The lift I measure is 10.7mm (difference between lobe and 90 degrees perpendicular - not taken from a dial indicator). Is anyone familiar with these cams?

I am trying to figure an intake noise at exactly 2200 RPM, that I am thinking may be the result of cam overlap. Bearings, compression and leakdown are good, but it has quite a "knocking" noise that doesn't change with temperature, load or ignition timing, but is much more noticeable with a wide open throttle and downright loud without the airbox.

FWIW, the engine has 10.4:1 CR pistons, big valves, an Ingram HP.150 pump, backdated individual throttle intake, tube header, etc.

Steve

P.S. I just noticed that I already asked about this a while back... Sorry about that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sounds like an AR Ricambi cam. I couldn't find your particular number in an old catalog of mine, but did find an AL5440 and a AL5442 on a price list from May 1996!! I'm guessing its a 8L cam for a variable intake. Check with Richard Jemison(Alfar7), he's the expert

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Contact Brad Bunch at Alfaricambi. He helped me with the timing specs of my Pittatore/Alfaricambi cams from the '80's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts