Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Makes sense. Thanks. No leaks there anymore. I have a lower leak I’m trying to trace, but winter weather has slowly set in here. My rented storage garage does not have heat, so I no at have to scramble a bit faster in there to accomplish the things I want to do. Still have to drop my differential out. Have a great holiday season.
Dave

·
Administrator
4,449 Posts
Front crank pulleys are notorious for either cracking along the keyways or being rough where the seal runs which eats the lips of the seals and allows oil to sweat past the seal where the fan distributes it nicely around the engine compartment

There are advantages to living in a tropical climate 😇

G

·
Registered
930 Posts
I need to get it up on jack stands and crawl under there. It’s not a lot, but It’s not coming from the front. I think it might be my oil pressure gauge line fitting at the block. Not sure. That or the sump somewhere. Initially I thought it was the half moons, but not now. My local shop told me when he had it on the lift for my alignment that it seems to drip from higher up and mostly when it sits instead of when it’s running. It drove him nuts, like me. He put dye in to trace it, but we never did find the exact spot.

Tropical climate….I grew up here in Ohio until I was an 8-years-old, then we lived in Southern California through high school. Miss it every winter. Don’t miss the crime and the crowds though.
Cheers,
Dave

21 - 23 of 23 Posts