Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my giulia sprint has always breath some oil from the oil filler washing the engine top (btw: is there any way to solve this?) but yesterday I found that most of the top of the engine was covered with oil and the surroundings of the engine specially near the back and in the exhaust side, but also in the front.

I see the camshaft cover gasket protruding further near the firewall zone, could it be caused by too much pressure inside the engine that blows the oil or the nut over the camshaft cover not too fastened?

are the problems related? : oil spread from the oil filler and from the camshaft cover gasket?

thanks in advance

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have checked and found that the end of the back breather is almost blocked by the block itself, I don't know why this had happen, maybe I will cut half an inch so it wont be obstructed, what you suggest?

I hope that would reduce the oil all over the engine block, but what about the oil sprayed from the oil filler...?

thank you Gordon, and keep the good advice coming...

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
torque on cam cover nuts

is there a value to the amount of torque required to fasten the top cam cover nuts?

I can't find any value in any the books I have!

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
washers on cam cover

should I use the metal washers for the cam cover? I don´t have any.

are they stock? and in what case you suggest to use them?

btw: thanks for the torque value!

I have retorqued the head, and also the cam cover (using 15 lb-ft oops) and with only a short drive I see more oil bathing the back of the engine near the exhaust, and I think some of the oil come from the half moon rubber.....there is where I suppose that the metal washers would be useful/necesary but want some advice from you wise alfisti.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.