Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am interested in updating my steel wheels to Campagnolo alloy wheels and would like to know what factory alloy wheel options were made available by Alfa Romeo dealers on purchase of 2000 Berlina circa years 72-76.

Pic of my Berlina for reference.

Thanks in advance for the helpful comments/advice

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The two most prevalent were these two, both of which are available as new reproductions from various vendors if you don't want to deal with refinishing old wheels. You may need longer studs and different lug nuts.
Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Hubcap

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The star Daytona wheel shown above was not available during the Berlina production run.

·
Premium Member
23,940 Posts
Turbinas were made by Campy and Cromodora. The Campy version has a sharper casting design. They should fit fine on 2000 studs, there were intended for them.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You will need to switch to the shorter wheel nuts that came with Turbinas aswell, so the fit and look is proper. And if you keep an original steel rim as your spare you will need to carry a set of four original nuts from the steel rims.

Reactions: Content105

·
Registered
528 Posts
Content105,

Have a look at the early part of this article and it shows the diff between the campy and the cromodora set.

The Cromodora daytonas (in the article) are available new (repo) and the set you are after are too (although i think they are for Montreal - need to check offset).

AFAIK the Cromodora Daytona style were available in Australia at the time.

I love the Cromodara Daytona style on any 105's!

Your Berlina looks the goods too, I'll look out for it at the next meeting (when we can get to them!)

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Content105,

Have a look at the early part of this article and it shows the diff between the campy and the cromodora set.

The Cromodora daytonas (in the article) are available new (repo) and the set you are after are too (although i think they are for Montreal - need to check offset).

AFAIK the Cromodora Daytona style were available in Australia at the time.

I love the Cromodara Daytona style on any 105's!

Your Berlina looks the goods too, I'll look out for it at the next meeting (when we can get to them!)

Cheers,

Paul.
Thanks Paul.....fingers crossed we can do that soon.

·
Premium Member
6,452 Posts
The two most prevalent were these two, both of which are available as new reproductions from various vendors if you don't want to deal with refinishing old wheels. You may need longer studs and different lug nuts.
View attachment 1705741
The Cromodora version of this wheel would have been what was available for your Berlina. Which is a flatter and thinner veins. Also I believe they were 5 by 14. Where the campy's are 5 1/2 by 14.

You can see the difference in the design on the wheel from the Berlina parts book.

Attachments

Reactions: Swabian Giulia
1 - 9 of 9 Posts