Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know whether the wheels on the 116 Giulietta pictured, exist with 4 X 108 spacing for the 105 series cars?

There's a Giulia Super in Pat Braden's Owner's Bible with a set on, so I'm just making sure that there's nothing strange going on with the car pictured...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't really think that they existed before the mid-late seventies which is why I asked the question! I would like to see more pics.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes, this particular design does exist in 4 X 108 which was an optional equipment on Spiders of late 70s to early 80s (toward the end of production run of the Series 2).

Does anyone know whether the wheels on the 116 Giulietta pictured, exist with 4 X 108 spacing for the 105 series cars?

There's a Giulia Super in Pat Braden's Owner's Bible with a set on, so I'm just making sure that there's nothing strange going on with the car pictured...

Thanks

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Ronal made a very similar pattern of wheel, too, IIRC ... complete with "TURBO" script for that go-faster look :rolleyes: . I saw a set on a Lotus Europa last month, they looked particularly good!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ronal made a very similar pattern of wheel, too, IIRC ... complete with "TURBO" script for that go-faster look :rolleyes: . I saw a set on a Lotus Europa last month, they looked particularly good!
Yep, I have seen those. Common on 70's stuff by comparison to the Campy's.

Just as a matter of interest, what is the PCD of the wheel studs on the Europa?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good looking wheel, but I think if you put a bigger wheel on a Montreal than standard you make it look like the wheelbase is shorter and a bit comical. Because they've got a lot of overhang.

I wouldn't mind a set of those Ronals for my 2002 though...

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
FYI: The original Ronal Turbo's of the early '80's (?) didn't have the "Turbo" marking in the dish and look much better than the second series of recent/current years. They really botched up a good thing.

Those campys - which were a dealer option on Alfettas/Sport Sedans in '78 - '79 seem to be extra prone to flaking compared to any of the other magnesium wheels offered. If you're looking to purchase a set - inspect them closely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts