Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is for a 75 which has a 166 engine, V6 24v, 3.0. I guess it's a 226hp version. It was a racer and now gets prepared for the road again.
Looking for this as the engine is missing the plastic caps on the cambelt area and is vulnerable for being damaged by stones
Can anyone help me out with one of the following:
-where to look for this cover, I suspect it comes in two parts, I'm in the Netherlands, so preferably there.
-the parts number, so I might order it
-maybe somewhere second hand available
or any other helpful suggestions how to fix this?

with kind regards,
Elfie

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Hello Elfie, I am making new covers for the Busso engine.
Please look up the "search" feature, under Busso covers.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Regretfully, that is not the one I am producing, as I do not have an original to pull a mould out of.
The ones I am making are the V6 Busso SOHC.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Alberto

Is your new cover good for the 164 Q 24 valve 3.0?

Thanks
Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attached is a file of the cam cover page from Eper. You might need to zoom on it ;)
Thank you rgwm!,

that is helpful!👍🙂
I see that apart from the two sides there is also a backside to it. You might know if this cover(s) comes as a whole set if it can be ordered?
with kind regards,
Laurence

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you rgwm!,

that is helpful!👍🙂
I see that apart from the two sides there is also a backside to it. You might know if this cover(s) comes as a whole set if it can be ordered?
with kind regards,
Laurence
I think you would have to order the parts individually - they don't seem to come as a kit. It might be worth checking with a dismantler (such as Autolusso in UK) to see if they are breaking an engine and could supply them. I've only broken one 24v and that was a long time ago and I don't seem to have kept the covers. I can ask on the UK Alfa Romeo Owners Club site if you like?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you would have to order the parts individually - they don't seem to come as a kit. It might be worth checking with a dismantler (such as Autolusso in UK) to see if they are breaking an engine and could supply them. I've only broken one 24v and that was a long time ago and I don't seem to have kept the covers. I can ask on the UK Alfa Romeo Owners Club site if you like?
Oh yes please, that is very kind of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've made contact with someone who may have what you want. I'll message you with his details, so you can deal direct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts