Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
That is what you do when setting the ignition later on.
The point of ignition inside the distributor is already set from factory, and can not be adjusted by turning the distributor.
The reason for a wider rotor is depending on ignition advance curve.
I love it when someone tries to show how knowledgeable they are by critiquing someones post. And then they contradict themself and show they didn't understand the concept highlighted in the post themself.

If you do not understand the post, go and look up the engine section in the manual. Particularly the instructions for setting the distributor/s position for all Motronic equipped Alfas.

Then think about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love it when someone tries to show how knowledgeable they are by critiquing someones post. And then they contradict themself and show they didn't understand the concept highlighted in the post themself.

If you do not understand the post, go and look up the engine section in the manual. Particularly the instructions for setting the distributor/s position for all Motronic equipped Alfas.

Then think about it.
OK, sorry for my poor english.
I hope You agree that the time of ignition in relation to the body of the distributor (and the cap) is already set inside the distributor.
This You can not adjust by turning the distributor or the transmission for it.
However, to obtain the preferred position for the distributor, and the cap, in relation to engine, You must take the transmission in regard. But that is another thing.
But You can not change the pointing of the rotors to each of the ignition cables that way.
Being a mechanic for over thirty years, I hope You believe me.
Hopefully You are not offended by my post, and once again, excuse my poor english...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts