Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

A quick question about camshafts. The haynes manual (on suds) talks about the different cams used on different engines. The cams do not seem to have any identifying marks or numbers of any kind. Is that right?

My engine rebuild uses some parts from two 33 engines. Both were fitted with heads with the larger valves. Would they have had the same cams? The problem is that the four cams were mixed up at one point and I cant be sure the ones we fitted were a pair. I still have the remaining two but it seems difficult to see if they are different.

If we have fitted different cams it will make things most interesting!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Paol--er

I would suggest that you take the cams to a cam grinding service and get them run them thru the Cam Doctor. This will give you accurate spec. of the cams. Alternately you could buy a set of cams that have a known history. If you need performance cams I have a set for sale, never been used. Located in Brisbane. Spec on these cams are availiable. I assume you are talking about an 8V engine. If you use cams with a different
grind the motor will probably run but will be difficult to tune especially at idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts